Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avalon kings Ceramic coating DIY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought three of these things because I thought I would need at least 2. Turns out 1 bottle is enough for at least 2 coatings that will last 2 yrs.

I’m selling one bottle, sealed. Comes with the bottle, applicator, applicator holder and clothe.
You can view the bottle here. But I’m selling it 60 shipped. PayPal or Apple Pay accepted.
https://avalonking.com/shop/armor-shield-ix-diy-kit/

I’m very happy with this. It makes the car hyper glossy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: ICE collector
How easy was the application? The detail shop around me wants $1200 to do the whole Model X. I have found places cheaper but I have already had terrible experiences going with a cheaper vendor so I would much rather do it myself.

Also if you still have it I would be interested in buying.

It was easy. Look for the install video with the company on YouTube. It’s like waxing your car basically. I’m happy with my work. Just send me a message if you want to buy it. I think people either have money to burn or they are high for paying over $1000 for this. I honestly don’t understand why people are charging that much. Maybe the material cost $100 for professional materials but no way should the labor be over $1000.

I wondered about the super high price also, but have been assuming that must include some amount of paint correction. I've not called to double check to see if that's the case as I'm planning to do it myself also. If it's $1200 just to put on the $100 coating, then I would hate to see what the paint correction might cost!

I wondered about the super high price also, but have been assuming that must include some amount of paint correction. I've not called to double check to see if that's the case as I'm planning to do it myself also. If it's $1200 just to put on the $100 coating, then I would hate to see what the paint correction might cost!
Oh yah that’s true about paint correction. Touché.

Ask how much paint correction is! I’d love to know. That’s probably why it’s expensive. Wonder how much is ceramic coating without paint correction.

To be honest I do not have a describable eye that will catch a need for paint correction.

Interesting, I was quoted 1250 with minor paint correction required. The place I received the quote from also does paint correction for hyper cars & exotics, so there you go. I know I cannot physically do it correctly, & I’m tired of going to the car wash, so I prefer to go to a place that does it professionally which is the only other option, & if you like taking care of your car its probably worth it, plus it keeps panel gap critics quiet. I questioned the cost & received a very good explanation about the cost breakdown & I think its typical with the time, methods & labor involved.

Nice job Rottenapplr.

The detail shops that charge $1000+ for ceramic coatings use UV lights that are costly to set or cure the ceramic coats that make them harder and last longer. The DIY home coats will last about 6-12 months but you can use a product like Carpros Reset to “recharge” your coating. I applied some C Quartz UK 7 months ago and it’s time for a Reset wash. If you don’t use a product like Reset, the coatings lose their gloss and water beading properties over time.

The coatings are super easy to apply, but it’s prep work like decontaminating the paint or correcting the paint that will take a few hours. I washed, decontaminated with Iron-X, claybarred, 2-stepped paint corrected, IPA wipedown, and applied a sealant on my truck last week that took 12 hours. Had fun doing it and rejuvenated my paint.

Last edited:
Nice job Rottenapplr.

The detail shops that charge $1000+ for ceramic coatings use UV lights that are costly to set or cure the ceramic coats that make them harder and last longer. The DIY home coats will last about 6-12 months but you can use a product like Carpros Reset to “recharge” your coating. I applied some C Quartz UK 7 months ago and it’s time for a Reset wash. If you don’t use a product like Reset, the coatings lose their gloss and water beading properties over time.

The coatings are super easy to apply, but it’s prep work like decontaminating the paint or correcting the paint that will take a few hours. I washed, decontaminated with Iron-X, claybarred, 2-stepped paint corrected, and applied a sealant on my truck last week that took 12 hours. Had fun doing it and rejuvenated my paint.
Really? Send me a link to the product.