Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AVC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By this I mean an automatic volume control for the sound system. Most vehicles adjust the volume automatically to compensate for higher noise levels at e.g. motorway speeds. The Model X doesn't seem to have this feature, or am I missing something?

Reactions: Cowby
My 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Pickup truck has it. I put in that request in 2015 when I first got the MX. The fact that it's electric makes this far worse since it is dead silent when stopped. Drives me nuts adjusting the volume all the time and it seems like it should be a simple software thing to do. I was hoping to find it when they added the new mixer adjustments. Maybe if there are more requests to Tesla it would make a difference?

Reactions: Cowby
I agree. The lack of this feature has almost caused me to crash! The kids were talking in the back and the music was on medium and I didn't hear the 'Door Still Open' chime when I reversed. I was lucky but what is the point of having a warning sound if you cannot hear it over the music and chatter. The level of the music when you drive off is the last level it was on when you last used the car (I believe) so it needs automatic help to assist the driver. It would be an easy software feature surely. i.e. AVC: create a user option (defaulted to 50%) that enables drivers to select how much the stereo system reduces in volume during parking maneuvers (when the parking sensors are running) e.g. 0 to 100% with 10% increment options.

Even very old cars have Automatic Volume Control features (aka "Automatic Level Control" / "Speed sensitive volume control"). See Mazdas option attached. Come on TESLA - let's get the basics right first please.

Attachments

• settings_sound.png
    settings_sound.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 50