Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aventura Mall Model 3 Tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share my experience there. Was in Florida for the weekend and took the drive from Palm Beach to see the car. Went with my two sons and my dad. I was very impressed with their 'tour' of the car. Small line when we arrived (Sunday late afternoon), but you still wait @10 - 15 minutes as each guest before you gets a thorough viewing. There was a family right before me and the Model 3 was going to be their daughters first car, she seemed suitably happy. Congrats if you guys are on the forum!

It's a nice Midnight silver car. After taking your information they give you a 2 minute external tour. Charge port, trunk, frunk, different sensors, and the door handles which worked easier than expected. My kids did it first try. Then it's time to jump in. Offered the front to my dad, but he wanted to go in the back with the kids. Got a nice tour of the interior, mostly focused on using the screen as your interface. Steering wheel adjustments are fantastic, as are the seat adjustment controls. When I first got in my father mentioned that he didn't have much space for his feet (they felt squished). The seat was at it's lowest point then. Once I adjusted where I would have it set he had plenty of space. The sales associate was great, but just like the rest of us they are still just learning about the controls. Took a bit of fumbling to figure out if we could turn the rear HVAC off.

All too quickly our time was done and we bid our adieu to the car. The car felt great and the tablet interface exceeded my expectations. My father was impressed, but being the intuitive fellow that he is quickly commented that the screen will depend on advanced voice controls to make it effective and safe. Kids were excited to get in, and seemed most pleased about the rear USB sockets. What really got them the most excited though was seeing a couple of hypebeast stores! My sympathies to all who know what that term means! lol.

I went to Aventura yesterday and had a similar experience as you. Had a 5-10 min wait for the "tour". The staff there was very friendly. I did wish I had more time to play around with the car. Here are some of my observations:

1. I thought the AC system was pretty cool to play with. Having the AC come through the steering wheel is nice
2. I am 6' 3 and had plenty of room in the front. I sat in the backseat behind my seating position and there is a decent amount of space
3. I did notice that you have to close the doors harder than my BMW for the door to latch
4. I only listened to the stereo for a min, but the sound quality was pretty good from what I heard.
5. I was worried that opening the door would be awkward, but I had no issue opening with one hand
6. The tinting on the top was darker than I expected. Hopefully that will help the car from overheating in the summer

Hopefully the Boca store will get one soon, so I can play around with it more.

No waiting at the Southlake, Texas, gallery last week.

Observations from a BMW CCA Lifetime member, now sworn to save the planet by buying Teslas (me) as a result of learning about the planetary-scale risks we face with the status quo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-for-climate-change/?utm_term=.68a7ac611769

The Trump administration released a dire scientific report Friday calling human activity the dominant driver of global warming, a conclusion at odds with White House decisions to withdraw from a key international climate accord, champion fossil fuels and reverse Obama-era climate policies.

To the surprise of some scientists, the White House did not seek to prevent the release of the government’s National Climate Assessment, which is mandated by law. The report affirms that climate change is driven almost entirely by human action, warns of a worst-case scenario where seas could rise as high as eight feet by the year 2100, and details climate-related damage across the United States that is already unfolding as a result of an average global temperature increase of 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit since 1900.

“It is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century,” the document reports. “For the warming over the last century, there is no convincing alternative explanation supported by the extent of the observational evidence.”

[truncated]

From this static Model 3 display I posit:

1. The BMW 3 Series, current generation or before, are Dead Men Walking. The Tesla Model 3 has far more usable interior volume, far better UI, and is underpriced for what the buyer gets. (After many years of various new BMW 3's--E46 and E90--we, obviously, ended up driving many BMW's latest 3's as service loaners due to many warranty repairs (on every single one of the BMW's). Every one of those new F series cars made us wonder why someone would buy one: rough, underpowered 4-cylinder engines, poor interior materials, and atrocious back seat leg room. The Tesla M3 is far better in every category and in the same price ranges. Only ignorants or the hopelessly illinformed and/or confused would by a BMW 3 Series once Tesla cranks up Model 3 production.)

2. No issues with the door handles.

3. Could probably use a HUD given how cheap they are and the Model 3's "as delivered" price point, but this is based on just sitting in the car, not driving it. Ditto for an AP control lever on the steering column, a la Model S and X.

4. HVAC vent controls seem remarkably well designed and clever, at least in the showroom. Not sure how living them will work out in the long term, but these could be a strong product differentiator.

In closing, a home run for Tesla.

We will retain our 4 M3 reservations until the air suspension and Dual Motor versions are available, but, for now, we're more than happy with our '17 Model S's, a P100D and a 90D.

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Very few stores are getting them. The Canadian Auto show in Toronto has one but they are keeping it locked! So having access to one at Aventura isn't so bad. IMO, it was worth the hour drive. Speaking of food options, we had Bella Luna for dinner and it was amazing!