Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Average age of Model 3 owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No wrong answer to borrow or not, but I paid cash for mine. My last several cars were paid off so when I wanted an upgrade I just had to add 10-20K to the trade (which isn't going to make or break an investment account). Just prefer no debt...
I went finance route with my car. Rate I got was less than what I was seeing in returns on investments. Didn't want to pull out 60k in an account making 10%, vs using bank's 60k and paying 5%.

Reactions: Stan930
Tesla owner demographics: average age of a Tesla owner
Our data shows that the median age of a Tesla Model S and Model X owner is just under 54 years old, compared to 38 for the US population. The median age of a Model X owner is 52 years old and the median age of a Model S owner is 54.

Tesla owner demographics: average age of a Tesla owner
Our data shows that the median age of a Tesla Model S and Model X owner is just under 54 years old, compared to 38 for the US population. The median age of a Model X owner is 52 years old and the median age of a Model S owner is 54.

Of course, the Model S and X are and were more expensive, so that may push the age upward (it takes many people more time to have enough money to afford a more expensive car). So that may not apply to the Model 3 more recently.

Of course, the Model S and X are and were more expensive, so that may push the age upward (it takes many people more time to have enough money to afford a more expensive car). So that may not apply to the Model 3 more recently.

1646850881593.png

when I was younger I bought a CTS-V. The payment was more than my rent (staying with roommates). i had a well paying job and could afford it, but It's not a decision I'd make again.

That said, it's not a decision I regret either and if i had it to do over, i absolutely would. I'm just older now and in different circumstances. While I could afford to go out and get a Plaid, there are other places my money is better off.

But being young and single with few responsibilities is different. Now, I'm way more conservative with my money.

Loans are how a lot of people get cars they can't afford. Most of us (in the same age group as you) are able to financially just hop out and buy things without much effort because we're financially set. The people getting loans are also (in my opinion) why car prices have skyrocketed in the past 10 years. They think about 'how much does this cost per month' and not 'how much is the total cost of this'. Us driving sh1t cars for a decade and saving money, is why we can now afford things without worrying about costs.

But there's also a large number of young adults that have landed in amazing financial status, or come from a family in that situation, and I say good for them. Someone was working hard for the money they made and they deserve to enjoy every penny of it - but I still think most are from enormous auto loans. Oh and also, a lot of young adults are staying with their parents now and not having to worry about rent/mortgage. That alone is more than enough to cover the cost of a payment.
Conversely, people who are truly smart would rather have their cash tied to income producing assets, invest in the stock market, crypto, etc. when you can get a loan for 1-3%. If you can’t grow your $ 1-3% in that time you’re doing something wrong. Honestly more dumb to place all your cash in a new car…

Reactions: civicdrivr