Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Average Annual Mileage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bad, bad new car owner! I am 120% overdue for my "annual" service (in 6 months of driving) and nearly 300% overdue for my tire rotation. Fortunately my warranty is unaffected by such negligence, and I'm now scheduled for pickup tomorrow.

I got curious about an "annual or 12,500 miles" service and went to look up statistics. The average American woman in my age bracket drives just under 11,500 miles per year on average. I'm over 14,000 so far and we're just half done. Plus, the remaining part of the year will have more long hauls: Indiana to Denver, to Philadelphia, and to Texas, all on separate runs, as well as regular shorter ones to other midwest states.

This is one reason I'm happy to now have an EV. (It's also why I'm glad I let my husband talk me into upgrading to the Next Gen seats, as my back is much happier in these than in previous car seats.)

I'm curious, do Tesla drivers tend to be higher-mileage drivers in general?

We're all over the map. You see some people with 2000 miles a year (tops) Garage Kings and then you have those that put 40K or more on them with epic every day commutes. I am betting the "average" Model S owner comes in around the average for the fleet as a whole in the US. That would more or less be me... we've put around 12000 miles per year on the Model S over 3+ years.

nearly 300% overdue for my tire rotation.
I just have my 12,000 mile service. They said there was no need to rotate tires (did not need to at 6000 miles either). With Dual motors the tire seem to wear extremely evenly.

I usually average just under 20k miles per year. It's my daily commuter and pretty much the only car we use on weekends and road trips.