Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

average delivery process duration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi, so im trying to juggle appointments and im wondering how long the average model s delivery process takes.

i know there are several things i should check for, but as far as paper work, explanations and whatever, how much time should i set aside? 30min? 1 hour? 2 hours?

the car is already paid for, all the insurance and registration docs are submitted to mytesla... any ideas?

Paperwork takes no time at all since you have done everything right beforehand. Mine was delivered to my house, so there was zero paperwork. One signature was all. Do check every single inch of the car and make sure that you are happy. Bring a flashlight. Tesla has been known to deliver new cars with all sorts of minor, but annoying, imperfections in the paint and sometimes poor fitting items in the interior and exterior. Especially trim. Also make sure that everything works perfectly: door handles and doors, windows (that don't hit the aluminum trim when opening), pano, seats, trunk, frunk, etc. The IP and 17" shouldn't be an issue.

I have read a lot lately about them rushing cars out in less than perfect shape. For what you are paying, you deserve perfection. But don't worry, they will always make it right. The only issue I had was moderate scratches in the paint. But I was having it polished and sealed the next day and they were easily removed. But my detailer thought it was shameful for a one day old 121K Car.

Reactions: pjoseph