TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Average tesla buyer

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by ppl, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ppl

ppl Member

I am amazed how little scrutiny goes into data on media. Cnbc story today average tesla buyer. Income over 150k and age. No real questions on where data comes from. Edmonds presents it. Problems I see

1. No one ever asked my average income. How do they collect this from dmv who doesn't have access to this
    2. Leases only within last qtr so "data" skewed to those who purchased maybe lower for the lease sales

but really we have all seen so much nonsense get into the media that I do not trust anything reported. As a physician, I see medical stories reported that are laughable if you really know the topic.

2. c041v

c041v Member

I would like to think the information at least came from a poll, not certain how likely that is. I'm reminded by this quote;

"Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that."

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

My grandfather used to say: "Figures don't lie, but liars figure."

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member