Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Average waiting time from order to delivery

Latibes

Sep 13, 2019
London
Can people who have taken delivery state how long they had to wait before they took delivery of base level SR+ in white. Cheers

Latibes

Sep 13, 2019
London

ProfessorK

Aug 5, 2019
UK
Ordered July 24th (white, vanilla SR+), switched to leaseplan on the 14th of August - just ported my RN so shouldn't have effected my order. Still waiting. Guy who used my referral code got his before me *shake fist*

Cowpring

Aug 14, 2019
London, UK
I ordered SR+, white, no modifications, lease through Lex Autolease on 9th August - no VIN, no delivery estimate. Hoping for early November delivery which would make it 3 months.

I would say wait is 2-3 months. Although that is based on the last 2-3 months. Hopefully the backlog of UK RHD vehicles has been reduced significantly so may be quicker from this point onward.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Mine was a white/black Performance so not the same but I took delivery (which I delayed by a day) 7 weeks and 2 days from ordering and I wasn't a reservation holder. Personally I think that they will have got through most of the backlog now other than the 'unicorns' so I don't think you will wait any longer than that personally.

GeorgeSymonds

Mar 16, 2018
UK
Its not an easy question. Since they started releasing inventory some have waited as few as 3 days to get their car. Early orders are probably the worst possible example as there would have been a large amount of initial demand that has taken time to fulfill so what the lead time for delviery is going forward now the dust is settling is still unknown.

Personally I'd wait and buy inventory when it appears being a litle flexible on spec (not that there is any at the moment) , but you can sign up to the mailing list on the 3rd party inventory sites. Its actually quite difficult to manage an exact delviery date with Tesla.

Bobly

Sep 29, 2019
UK
Ordered Saturday (inventory car) had a call Monday asking if I could collect (I couldn’t, as I was in a meeting all day) no idea where I stand at the moment, or if that particular car even exists.

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
Not really a fair question. Since Model 3 deliveries recently started, some have waited a long time. New orders should be substantially less

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC