Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Average Wh/mi since owning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
233 @ 9k miles. M3SR+

I’m sure that average will increase though as I only took delivery in March so yet to see cold temperatures.

I don’t know how accurate ABRP is but it’s interesting to see the ‘reference consumption Wh/mile at 65mph’ for different electric cars. I-pace is shocking!

290 wh/mi, 1K mi, 4 months, M3P, nowhere near enough use to give accurate results yet but if I can keep it under 300 I will be very happy, although I think its more likely to increase in winter. First longish drive in poor weather yesterday with wind and heavy rain and it was around 350 wh/mi.

How do i find this information

You get it from the trip meters. Swipe right at bottom of the righthand third of the screen. I've got one that's recording my lifetime use.
0234D208-8EDD-4378-938A-7CDD6A48F670.jpeg

290 wh/mi, 1K mi, 4 months, M3P, nowhere near enough use to give accurate results yet but if I can keep it under 300 I will be very happy, although I think its more likely to increase in winter. First longish drive in poor weather yesterday with wind and heavy rain and it was around 350 wh/mi.
Will almost certainly get worse in winter, but how worse will depend on the types of journey you do. Most of my miles were pre-lockdown. Early, cold morning starts driving about 50-60 miles so the battery was just warming up before it got parked again to go cold in time for the journey home. Some enthusiastic progress on the way back often meant I was lucky to keep below 450, let alone 300 Wh/mi.

I’m doing about 277 on long journeys in the recent warm, dry weather.

Reactions: seadog
TeslaFi says 263 Wh/Mile, M3LR 2500 Miles, picked up 2 months ago.

I really notice the difference between short journeys (300-400 Wh/mile) and longer ones (220-260 Wh/mile), especially if a short journey begins with a blast of AC or heating.

Currently working away, the first time since lock down and since having the Tesla, charging for free in the car park overnight.