Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aviva Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of you have experience using Aviva Insurance. Their rate was significantly less than my current provider. Only thing is that there seems to be a lot of horror stories online about this company. Not sure if this applies to other companies as well though.

Do any of you have experience using Aviva Insurance. Their rate was significantly less than my current provider. Only thing is that there seems to be a lot of horror stories online about this company. Not sure if this applies to other companies as well though.
I've been with Aviva for a few years now, however I have not had to make any claims so far, so I can't comment on how they are in terms of customer service.

Been with Aviva for about 9 years, also the best rate i could find for a model 3, had to make a claim on our Mercedes, they let us take it to Oakville Mercedes collision center, so no issues, rental was provided as it took about 9 weeks to get all the parts to do the repairs.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Been with Aviva for about 9 years, also the best rate i could find for a model 3, had to make a claim on our Mercedes, they let us take it to Oakville Mercedes collision center, so no issues, rental was provided as it took about 9 weeks to get all the parts to do the repairs.

I also found that Aviva is the lowest for the Tesla MY. The rental aspect is important because parts for Teslas can take a long time to obtain if a collision is involved and so should expect long rental durations.

BTW, TD quoted my $2500 while Aviva was charging $1800 assuming in both cases that I combine home+auto. Just worried about all the negative Aviva reviews.

Reviews can be found at: Aviva Canada Inc | Complaints | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Depends on what you might be concerned about. Property damage claims are handled similarly by most insurers, how bodily injury claims and accident benefits claims are not and in my experience, Aviva is the worst by a pretty wide margin. Co-operators are the best but they are typically the most expensive.

I am with TD Meloche Monnex and they are middle of the road for BI and AB claims. Intact strikes a good balance and now offer $2 million liability coverage as standard on their policies.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
I had Aviva for almost ten years, until they jacked my rates $400 at the beginning of this year with no reason. They claimed it was being driven by their underwriters.
I told them to tell their underwriters to go pound sand and shifted to TD insurance for less money with slightly better coverage.

Aviva pushed hard to get Tesla business in 2018. I went with them for a decent price.
Then each yearly renewal they jacked up the price with no real reason, so when I got the increase notice for my 3rd renewal I left them.
I suggest using a broker to get the best rate for insurance.

Ive been with aviva for a few years now. Ive had 2 comprehensive claims with them in that time for my automobiles and one claim for a complele loss with a snowmobile. The comprehensive claims were from damage sustained during a break in on my truck, the other was a total loss due to fire. All three claims were handled in a professional manner I found. Good communication through out the process, however my payout took a little longer on my snowmobile I thought. It was about 5 weeks. There quote on my model3 seems reasonable. I just need to go through the actual policy to read the fine details pertaining to the EV itself.