Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avoid charge cycles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any car you drive with your foot on the fast pedal all the way down will get fewer miles per unit of energy. If I run my Lexus hard I get less expected miles at fill up on the info screen. Same for the Tesla. Look at the energy usage graph in your MY and see where you can improve.
Nope. RTM. It's very clear that the mileage number displayed is NOT related to how hard you drive. That's why everyone should just ignore it, switch it to battery percent as that's a much better gauge of the energy you have available. That and the energy graph, as you note.

• Informative
Reactions: 804son
It's expected that especially over the first year you will have between 4% and 10% battery degredation. Apparently after that it slows down considerably. I have seen reports of some Model 3's that after 100K are still somewhere around the 10% ish battery degradation mark. There are plenty of reports also that indicate that in the winter time, this number will show lower, probably just due to the BMS and how much capacity it believes is in the battery. In summary don't worry about it....I spent too much time worrying about this on my Model 3.