Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Avoid highways" mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every major city has (at least) one major highway that most people try to avoid. Even if we could enter one roadway that we want to avoid would be great.

+1
I was looking to see if there was a way. Pretty much anywhere I would drive to takes me past and yummy looking on ramp and Nav can’t resist them. For local driving I almost never want to get on the highway.

I was discussing the TM3 with someone who is interested in buying one. He asked me about an "avoid highways" mode - as he often likes to take back roads instead of Interstates. I was pretty sure one just clicked a menu option. But the Tesla nav only supports "Avoid Ferries" and "Avoid Tolls". So egg on my face...

Is there a decent way around this short of running a parallel nav app in ones cell phone or other device? Maybe running something on the built-in web browser?
Well if we can’t get waypoints I doubt this will be conning anytime soon. Honestly if they just hooked us up with CarPlay the maps issue would be mute, wouldn’t it?

It’s far front ideal. Even the Nav I had in was 2012 Audi had avoid avoid freeways, avoid toll roads; plus you could also set fastest, shortest, most efficient, and limit turns.

Anyway Fri we wanted to get back with beta but use surface streets since the Tela was insisting on the freeway.

We just selected point on the Nav screen and just routed to our button press. Just random area on screen. Then did it maybe two more times. Avoided the freeway. But of course you work fr

Well if we can’t get waypoints I doubt this will be conning anytime soon. Honestly if they just hooked us up with CarPlay the maps issue would be mute, wouldn’t it?

Resurrecting an old thread... he, @bjrosen did buy a Model 3. I think he does the equivalent of waypoints by placing his agenda into his phones calendar. Then when the car imports the calendar, he uses each entry for navigating to each of the next stops.