Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AVOID RPMTESLA accessories -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a very expensive wood veneer center console kit for $230.00
the edges kept lifting (the parts are warped)- I tried taping the edges down over night and they still lifted - resulting in sticking center console doors and damaged veneer. (see pics)

I requested a return but was refused because they are considered used since I had top remove the red double sided tape protecting film to install them -- what a load of crap

BUYER BEWARE

Attachments

• 1 of 2.jpg
    1 of 2.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 2 of 2.jpg
    2 of 2.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 140
RPM Tesla is great. I've only had fast shipping contrary to what others say and they have cool aftermarket add ons

Surely you should be able to talk to them and get a return.

There's a certain way to go about an issue and getting what you want...

You would think so , wouldn’t you.
I tried (several polite emails), they kept declining to make things right.

So now , I hope other potential victims can learn from my misfortune and spend their $$ elsewhere.

RPM Tesla is great. I've only had fast shipping contrary to what others say and they have cool aftermarket add ons

Surely you should be able to talk to them and get a return.

There's a certain way to go about an issue and getting what you want...
If this was a one-off thing I'd be inclined to believe this, but there have been many posts recently all saying basically the same sorts of stuff.

Reactions: Young Phenom
Go through your credit card company. If the product does not work as stated, then you should be able to get a refund/return/replacement, and if the company will not do that then take the next route. Not a guarantee you will get the charge back, but I suspect you will. Just document the issues / damage with photos.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Here is another data point and also an interesting discovery. I also purchased
Wood Veneer Center Console Overlays from RPM for our Y. I followed the install video and it came out great! Looks great, all stuck down, no issues. Very happy with the product until......I get in the car to test something with the key card and discover that the key card no longer works! I assume because this piece is too thick and the signal can't get through it. Tried all sides, even putting it underneath going through the opening in the arm rest. Car won't turn on at all with the keycard now. I realize this isn't a huge issue as daily driving is done with the phone, etc, but what about a service appointment or valet situation? Not good. I'm going to reach out to RPM today just to see what they say, but I can't see any way to make it work. They need to have a disclaimer about this on their website. Probably would have just gone with a wrap had I known this.

Here is another data point and also an interesting discovery. I also purchased
Wood Veneer Center Console Overlays from RPM for our Y. I followed the install video and it came out great! Looks great, all stuck down, no issues. Very happy with the product until......I get in the car to test something with the key card and discover that the key card no longer works! I assume because this piece is too thick and the signal can't get through it. Tried all sides, even putting it underneath going through the opening in the arm rest. Car won't turn on at all with the keycard now. I realize this isn't a huge issue as daily driving is done with the phone, etc, but what about a service appointment or valet situation? Not good. I'm going to reach out to RPM today just to see what they say, but I can't see any way to make it work. They need to have a disclaimer about this on their website. Probably would have just gone with a wrap had I known this.

please keep us posted

So after more testing I decided to leave my foot on the break and reach out and tap the car on the pillar (same place used for unlocking the car) and that works! Long arms and long arms help :) I guess the sensors are part of the same bus/function, so the key card will work to start the car with your foot on the break and reaching outside to touch it there.

So after more testing I decided to leave my foot on the break and reach out and tap the car on the pillar (same place used for unlocking the car) and that works! Long arms and long arms help :) I guess the sensors are part of the same bus/function, so the key card will work to start the car with your foot on the break and reaching outside to touch it there.
The way it's supposed to work (according to the manual) that for some time after tapping the card on the door pillar, you won't need to tap the card on the center console, and you can just start it. Once that time has elapsed, you do need to tap it.

So next time just tap it on the outside, get in the car, and you're good.

Ah, that makes sense as I wasn't getting the prompt everytime, only if I left the car unlocked, then opened and close the door. I use phones 99% of the time and didn't realize the card worked that way with the timeout, etc. Thanks for pointing that out....still sucks that the card can't be read through the add on wood piece though :(

I purchased a very expensive wood veneer center console kit for $230.00
the edges kept lifting (the parts are warped)- I tried taping the edges down over night and they still lifted - resulting in sticking center console doors and damaged veneer. (see pics)

I requested a return but was refused because they are considered used since I had top remove the red double sided tape protecting film to install them -- what a load of crap

BUYER BEWARE
Go to small claim if they refused to refund or replace your purchase. It’s a hassle but sometimes going this route will force them to settle in court or they may just settle outside of court once they are aware they’ve been served.