Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AVOID RPMTESLA accessories -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it's less about the money, and more about principle.

Small claims, disputing the credit card charge, even contacting the BBB - all great ideas, but I find the best value is to educate you all so none of you waste your hard earned dollars with a company that DOES NOT stand behind their product(s) - even though they go out of their way to tell you otherwise.

For every customer that learns of their deceptive practices and shops elsewhere - I feel a little more vindicated :mad:

For me it's less about the money, and more about principle.

Small claims, disputing the credit card charge, even contacting the BBB - all great ideas, but I find the best value is to educate you all so none of you waste your hard earned dollars with a company that DOES NOT stand behind their product(s) - even though they go out of their way to tell you otherwise.

For every customer that learns of their deceptive practices and shops elsewhere - I feel a little more vindicated :mad:

You are definitely giving me pause about using them for PPF. They have a good price for full front + mirrors ($1,300), but if they are not reliable, it may not be worth it.

You are definitely giving me pause about using them for PPF. They have a good price for full front + mirrors ($1,300), but if they are not reliable, it may not be worth it.

I had xpel put on mine, better and does not yellow over time like the 3m brand has been known to.
here is a google map search of many PPF installers in that area - a few calls and you will surely find a better deal.

Google Maps

I spent 2k with them. No response on broken items. Refunds refused. Emails ignored. tried Credit card, no luck so far. I would never buy from RPM again. They only answer when your going to spend money. All the suggestions are great, but if an user says its bad service.. we are just giving our experiences for others to judge. Do Not Use RPM... My opinion. I continue to try to resolve it. No luck at all..

Reactions: Cousin Eddy
I spent 2k with them. No response on broken items. Refunds refused. Emails ignored. tried Credit card, no luck so far. I would never buy from RPM again. They only answer when your going to spend money. All the suggestions are great, but if an user says its bad service.. we are just giving our experiences for others to judge. Do Not Use RPM... My opinion. I continue to try to resolve it. No luck at all..

Why was a credit card chargeback not an option?

I have bought from these guys for many years Mark (owner) has always been responsive to texts from me and I never had any issues ..it also helps I’m local and can stop in any time ...they do a lot of business and their store doesn’t seem to be staffed for the volume however I never felt o had been ripped off by them or given bad quality products ..if anyone needs marks direct number DM me and give that a shot

Chiming in here out of frustration. I bought the wind noise reduction kit and spent the time to install per the instructions. To date I have ripped 100% of it out. Yes, I cleaned and used the primer, and otherwise followed the instructions. The first pieces to fail were the frunk and trunk that just started falling off immediately, mainly at the ends where I doubled efforts on cleaning and the primer and let it dry. Then the doors - when I would close a random door (rear door bottoms started first) and see a loose piece of rubber hanging out. The adhesive was still on the door but the rubber had separated from the adhesive, not the adhesive from the door. The glass roof; their video showed an open gap where my Y has a rubber seal closing the gap. I emailed them twice, the first asking for clarification on how to install with a seal in place, and receiving no response I requested a refund on the second, yet no response to either. So, I’ve had to rip it all out and now have 50% of the adhesive still stuck to my doors that I have to deal with before moving on the a more viable solution. Extremely disappointed in the whole experience on this product. The center console caps went better although the dimensions tend to leave the glossy edges of the original panels exposed.

Any ideas on how to remove this adhesive that sticks to paint better than a neoprene molding?

Another thing that's worth mentioning: their "lifetime warranty" is incredibly weak. I bought these lights for my dad's X a little over two years ago - Model S & X - RED Door LED Lights 4 Pcs. ($44 w/20% OFF) - and I noticed recently that some of the LEDs inside went out. Worked and looked great until they failed. They said after two years, it's likely normal wear and tear, and their offer was a 50% off replacement. The product page even points out their competitors only offer a 2-year warranty, but the best they'd do is $10 for the replacement.

• Informative
Reactions: Cousin Eddy
Chiming in here out of frustration. I bought the wind noise reduction kit and spent the time to install per the instructions. To date I have ripped 100% of it out. Yes, I cleaned and used the primer, and otherwise followed the instructions. The first pieces to fail were the frunk and trunk that just started falling off immediately, mainly at the ends where I doubled efforts on cleaning and the primer and let it dry. Then the doors - when I would close a random door (rear door bottoms started first) and see a loose piece of rubber hanging out. The adhesive was still on the door but the rubber had separated from the adhesive, not the adhesive from the door. The glass roof; their video showed an open gap where my Y has a rubber seal closing the gap. I emailed them twice, the first asking for clarification on how to install with a seal in place, and receiving no response I requested a refund on the second, yet no response to either. So, I’ve had to rip it all out and now have 50% of the adhesive still stuck to my doors that I have to deal with before moving on the a more viable solution. Extremely disappointed in the whole experience on this product. The center console caps went better although the dimensions tend to leave the glossy edges of the original panels exposed.

Any ideas on how to remove this adhesive that sticks to paint better than a neoprene molding?

Used wd40. It works on tape adhesive. I suspect it will work on this as well. Thank my wife for that if it works.