Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avoid RPMTesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What makes matters worse is I pulled off the vinyl I bought from them since it wasn't the right fit and it damaged the center console flip door and peeled off some of the piano black material. Now even re-covering it again with matte vinyl or something more flexible is going to show the imperfections. I wonder if there is a way I can buy another flip door? My guess is anyone parting out a car is going to sell the console as one huge piece. I wonder if Tesla sells the flip door separate?

As any new Tesla owner is, we are excited about our cars.

Upon research I made sure to order Sun-glass holder and just a pair of license plate LED upgrade for my 2015 Tesla MS CPO. I put the order in September 2nd. The website says
"We are growing, and increasing our staff. New orders ship in 7-14 days. If you need it sooner, please email us and we will expedite your order. Thank you !"

It has been 16 days with no update days so I sent an email last night asking for an update. They replied this morning saying they will ship it out tomorrow. Now the wait continues for the actual shipping time itself. How hard is it to package this tissue box sized order and ship it? This company is based in Southern California and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Just kinda disappointed I had to email and nudge them to meet their own 7-14 day "just to ship" deadline.

Rpmtesla is absolutely cluelsss and appears to have abandoned their e-commerce site for more local wrap, tint jobs. (If you follow them on Facebook or IG, you will see). I started this thread a few weeks ago. I won my PayPal dispute with them because they didn’t even bother replying to PayPal. I haven’t been impressed with their quality either. I ordered that sunglass holder and don’t even use it. It constantly slides out and my glasses come flying out.

Avoid at all costs:

Avoid RPMTesla...

• Informative
Reactions: bollar and Danny_
I the number listed on their side a mobile number that accepts texts or is there another number … 949-329-8760 … I have two of the LED lights of the set I purchased for my MS where the center column of LED flickers or doesn't come on … these are the ones that replace the trunk lights. I've emailed them twice, but got no response. Per their site, the LEDs have a "lifetime warranty" .. maybe they mean it will take a lifetime to get a replacement?

… I have two of the LED lights of the set I purchased for my MS where the center column of LED flickers or doesn't come on … these are the ones that replace the trunk lights. I've emailed them twice, but got no response. Per their site, the LEDs have a "lifetime warranty" ...
Bummer to see this...5 of the ten LEDs I bought from them have had the center column of lights flicker and eventually die. I just emailed them and hope to hear back.
They are great lights brightness-wise, but the failure rate is totally unacceptable.

Yes, this is the exact phenomenon I am seeing on the lights in the hatch. I haven't seen any footwell lights flickering, but I haven't looked too closely. For me it started with one light flickering followed by a second light. One has the middle column completely burned out and the other is still flickering occasionally. I've emailed twice and guess I'll start to call. Their office is not too far away from mine (~12 miles), but would be a hassle to drive there unless they can quickly swap my light units.

Yes, this is the exact phenomenon I am seeing on the lights in the hatch. I haven't seen any footwell lights flickering, but I haven't looked too closely. For me it started with one light flickering followed by a second light. One has the middle column completely burned out and the other is still flickering occasionally. I've emailed twice and guess I'll start to call. Their office is not too far away from mine (~12 miles), but would be a hassle to drive there unless they can quickly swap my light units.

RPM Tesla responded early today by email....really quickly....and said to send in the failed units for replacement.
I guess I pay shipping, but the big problem is I'll be missing all trunk and frunk and an under-seat light until the replacements are sent.
I'm wondering if they will continue to fail. They are very bright, so I am beginning to wonder if they are rated for less than nominal12V.
If they are over-driven, they will continue to fail over time. Lifetime warranty, is good, nut I wasn't expecting this pain in the neck.

RPM Tesla responded early today by email....really quickly....and said to send in the failed units for replacement.
I guess I pay shipping, but the big problem is I'll be missing all trunk and frunk and an under-seat light until the replacements are sent.
I'm wondering if they will continue to fail. They are very bright, so I am beginning to wonder if they are rated for less than nominal12V.
If they are over-driven, they will continue to fail over time. Lifetime warranty, is good, nut I wasn't expecting this pain in the neck.

That's good news! Hopefully they'll respond to my request … heck, I'll even drive to them (~12 miles from my office) to save RPM the shipping cost. They have been using the excuse that they are "growing quickly" for too long. There are other items on their site I'd like to order, but for now, I'll hold off based on the increasing negative experiences from others (and now myself).

Us neither, maybe these Forum guys are just not nice and they get the least attention. When we call or email we got great help !!

I disagree. I have been nothing but professional in all of my communications to RPM Tesla. Only after multiple emails, calls and text, I FINALLY received an email response from RPM this afternoon for a “lifetime” warranty replacement of 2 defective LED lights. Let’s see how long it takes them to ship the warranty replacements to me.

So the week I was scheduled for pickup, I placed a rather large order with RPMTesla. Based on the feedback I saw on the board after I ordered, I was skeptical about getting the parts on-time. I'm happy to report they did deliver on time and for the most part had all the stuff right in the order. There was a hiccup with one of the center console pieces (the cut was opposite of the rest of the "grain" in the carbon fiber), but customer service was responsive and shipped me a working replacement part within a week.

As one of the handful of companies that help you personalize your Model 3, they're doing what they can.

All companies have issues - they did good by me to fix them in a reasonable time-frame. The products, for the most part, seem of fair to good quality and matches the expectations set by the cost. AO has similar items for more money, but I can't speak to matching up the quality.

Of course, your MPGe will vary. ;)

A quick review if you're considering parts from RPMTesla:

Spoiler - Love this thing. Simple, discreet, but sporty. Practical - heck no, but it helps stand your Telsa apart from others. I have the FOURTH red Model 3 at work, so I wanted to do something that folks could quickly see it and say "that's <BrownSamurai>'s car". Coupled this with the performance lettering from AO and it really looks great even sitting right next to a co-worker's multi-coat red.

Pedals - I can't believe Tesla shipped a car without aluminum pedals. A little pricey compared to other sites (even with the 20% discount), but not so much that I was willing to take a risk that the ones for $10 less weren't going to fit perfectly. These fit perfectly. Pedals are one of those items you want to throw in and never think about again.

Dash wrap - Looks great and easy to apply. No strong reflections (something someone brought up) and initially seems durable. Big improvement over the default wood dash for my taste. I do have one corner coming up, but I should be able to fix it with the extra piece of carbon fiber I have left over from the snafu above. I think I tried to stretch it a tad too much to get the creases out.

Console wrap - Looks great and easy to apply. No regrets and honestly, Tesla went the wrong route with the initial design pretty much making this a mandatory purchase. I'm sure it will be fixed in the next hardware update. I got the complimentary colored (red) three bar logo to go on top of the wrap... its glossy and picks up some of the texture of the carbon fiber. I may end up taking it back off as it tends to look cheap against the nice carbon fiber.

Switch wrap - Looks... okay. Defiantly not easy to apply, but this is only partially RPMs fault. There is little to no good way to get the wrap up to the edge of the door and the lines used to line up the buttons are nearly impossible to see through the clear install film. The cuts themselves are a little off, but I was able to stretch to correct most of it. Not nearly as happy with the results on these as I was the other components. Switch panels are made with the same piano black plastic as the center console - I really wanted something to protect them.

There are other items I'd conciser from them, but honestly the prices for what they are too high. I understand "R&D costs" but a piece of rubber in the shape of your cup holder is not rocket science. This is pretty much across all vendors - new toys + minimal response from the market = inflated prices. I'm sure it will differ significantly this time next year.

Tim in CA....please keep us posted on any middle-band failures on your initial lights and whether the new ones eventually fail.
I have 5 that need to be replaced (mid band flicker or out), but hesitant to go thru the trouble if most or all eventually fail.
Note: even with the mid band failure, the lights are much, much brighter than the original Tesla's.