Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avoid RPMTesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This posting is to warn others about RPMTesla and their vinyl products. Not only do they offer TERRIBLE customer service, but their vinyl offerings are subpar. I ordered this from them for my Model S console: https://www.rpmtesla.com/product-page/center-console-flip-wrap-many-colors. They don't answer emails, so I escalated it to Paypal. What is amazing is, they keep advertising new services and products, yet their website says they are so short staffed and new orders take 1-2 weeks to fulfill. Now, they are introducing a mobile servicing option where they come to your house and pick up your car to do window tinting, etc. Are they kidding me? They can't even fulfill the basic orders?!!! They clearly don't know how to run a business and expand properly and slowly.

On another order due to the wait, they did mail me a "patients presence" - free tire valves. (Sorry the spelling typo I had to include). I appreciated the gesture, but enough is enough.

On another order, I had to escalate all the way to Paypal since they mis-advertised something fitting properly in my car and I wanted it cancelled before it shipped and I heard crickets for weeks.

Here are some pics of the vinyl I ordered. The vinyl is a very thick material making it very difficult to bend/adhere properly and it keeps just coming up. My wife runs a vinyl business for shirts/hats and she said that vinyl is way to thick to bend/adhere.

You will read others complaining about RPMTesla here as well - Experience with RPM Tesla accessories For Model 3 : teslamotors

Attachments

• IMG_1413.jpeg
    IMG_1413.jpeg
    651.3 KB · Views: 1,417
  • IMG_1414.jpeg
    IMG_1414.jpeg
    660.1 KB · Views: 1,236
  • IMG_1415.jpeg
    IMG_1415.jpeg
    553.6 KB · Views: 1,227
I ordered a replacement nose cone wrapped in carbon after someone backed into mine and damaged it and a cubby hole drawer wrapped in obeche to match my interior.

I was happy with the products and speed of delivery and thought the communication was very good.
This was earlier this year.

I’ve also used them for carbon fiber wraps for the exterior items, internal cubby drawer, door handle covers, etc. I’ve always had a good experience, and once even on the rear wrap I messed it up and they sent me a new one for free. So I have to say their customer service and product seem good to me.

I ordered the replaceable LED lights earlier this month. It took about 3 weeks before they shipped, but I was in no hurry and very clearly saw the notice on their site indicating they were struggling to keep up with demand. I've met the owner at local Tesla owner events before and he definitely takes a passion in his products. I believe he may even be a member here, but not sure.

RPMTesla’s customer service has certainly taken such a nose dive. Scratch that, it has pretty much evaporated.

I was originally a fan of them earlier in the year. Bought tons of stuff from them: various CF wraps and decals, CF cubby drawer and trunk organizer, among a few other smaller things. Shipping and more importantly communication to my inquiries was prompt. For what I bought, I thought their product quality was fine. I did have to replace my tailgate wrap as it was breaking in a couple of places, but I chalked that one up more to my own installation inexperience and thus my fault.

Toward the April/May timeline though, something had dramatically changed. A couple of orders went unfulfilled for weeks. They started being completely non-responsive to my multiple emails asking about the status. The final straw for me was when I decided to call them, only to be given the run-around and stall tactic (by claiming that the product I was buying would be delivered soon, which was false). I’d had enough. Decided to cancel and get a refund for all my pending orders, which took another few calls and frustrated emails. I simply won’t go back to them anymore as they have completely lost all my trust.

Nowadays, I much prefer shopping on AbstractOcean or with a well-reviewed vendor here on TMC like Norm.

RPMTesla’s customer service has certainly taken such a nose dive. Scratch that, it has pretty much evaporated.

I was originally a fan of them earlier in the year. Bought tons of stuff from them: various CF wraps and decals, CF cubby drawer and trunk organizer, among a few other smaller things. Shipping and more importantly communication to my inquiries was prompt. For what I bought, I thought their product quality was fine. I did have to replace my tailgate wrap as it was breaking in a couple of places, but I chalked that one up more to my own installation inexperience and thus my fault.

Toward the April/May timeline though, something had dramatically changed. A couple of orders went unfulfilled for weeks. They started being completely non-responsive to my multiple emails asking about the status. The final straw for me was when I decided to call them, only to be given the run-around and stall tactic (by claiming that the product I was buying would be delivered soon, which was false). I’d had enough. Decided to cancel and get a refund for all my pending orders, which took another few calls and frustrated emails. I simply won’t go back to them anymore as they have completely lost all my trust.

Nowadays, I much prefer shopping on AbstractOcean or with a well-reviewed vendor here on TMC like Norm.

It's a shame since some of their products are unique and not available from other sites. I have resorted to just doing Paypal disputes with them as I am tired of chasing them.

Completely disagree. Ordered a ton of products from them including their cf spoiler and sill plate vinyls. Everything arrived as advertised.

Personally I don’t think I would want a thin vinyl for automotive applications. It may do fine for T-shirts but I prefer something with more substance which can handle heat and abuse. The sill vinyls I ordered are all still stuck firmly down and show no signs of wear. Perhaps more practice installing is needed and not a change to the product.

Completely disagree. Ordered a ton of products from them including their cf spoiler and sill plate vinyls. Everything arrived as advertised.

Personally I don’t think I would want a thin vinyl for automotive applications. It may do fine for T-shirts but I prefer something with more substance which can handle heat and abuse. The sill vinyls I ordered are all still stuck firmly down and show no signs of wear. Perhaps more practice installing is needed and not a change to the product.

I followed this video below and the vinyl he shows here is a much thinner one than the one I ordered, which is meant to match Obeche Wood and is thicker. When you go to fold this vinyl, it simply doesn't stick and adhere.

I had the same concern for my wife's older Model S. She to had the $600 add on and
after we told RPM about it not wrapping correctly they refunded us. No questions
asked and they did not want it back.

They said the thicker Obeche 3M Dinoch material was too thick to make the curves,
and that choice is not on their website now. We were told a customer wanted to try it they
sold it to them and it was receive well, so they added it to the choices. I guess you paved the road for the rest of us.

Instead of bashing and wining about how busy they are, why don't you just text or call them. Their phone number is on their site.
They reply to my texts and they have added customer service people.

• Informative
Reactions: ockevin and P85_DA
I had the same concern for my wife's older Model S. She to had the $600 add on and
after we told RPM about it not wrapping correctly they refunded us. No questions
asked and they did not want it back.

They said the thicker Obeche 3M Dinoch material was too thick to make the curves,
and that choice is not on their website now. We were told a customer wanted to try it they
sold it to them and it was receive well, so they added it to the choices. I guess you paved the road for the rest of us.

Instead of bashing and wining about how busy they are, why don't you just text or call them. Their phone number is on their site.
They reply to my texts and they have added customer service people.

Was yours for the flip console like mine? I wonder why my vinyl wasn’t removed from their site.

Last edited:
Wish I had checked this forum first. It does appear they have some good and unique products... it is also, in recent weeks, obvious that customer service is spotty at best. Unfortunately I'm one of those waiting for product to ship, after 2 weeks and getting communications is also spotty. Maybe they will get things together someday but not at this time.

Wish I had checked this forum first. It does appear they have some good and unique products... it is also, in recent weeks, obvious that customer service is spotty at best. Unfortunately I'm one of those waiting for product to ship, after 2 weeks and getting communications is also spotty. Maybe they will get things together someday but not at this time.

Yeah it seems they are focusing on bigger projects like wrapping cars if you are following them on instagram or Facebook and not taking care of day to day things. They have until Wednesday to reply to my PayPal dispute as they haven’t even replied to that.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
My pre-sales experience with them has been awful! Starting 6 weeks ago, I saw their offer on eBay for a cubby draw at only $28 +12 for shipping. I also wanted the Oak trim for $10 additional. $50 total is fair for a moderate quality product. Many of the reviews on their draw have been positive and I didn't want to spend $90+. BUT, they don't answer eBay seller questions and 4-calls to the phone number posted on eBay only receive VM with no call back.Gee, if their pre-sales support is awful, imagine how much worse is their post-sales support . And I was considering their cubby light too.

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum