Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avoid Tolls feature in Tesla-Google Maps App -- Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that. IMO, usability improvements on capabilities beyond Autopilot, are simply not on Elon's and therefore Tesla's radar or priority list, as long as people keep buying MS & MX as they are. :(

I was being a bit sarcastic and I think autopilot ought properly to lie "beyond" normal navigation options that other systems have now. At least when it does come along (?), we may get it via a download instead of needing a new car...

How do you use WAZE on the Tesla? it wants me to download the app. when I asked Tesla about it the answer was:
"For your safety, it is not possible to download outside applications to your Tesla"
I'm not personally a WAZE user very often, so others may have a better link. Until then, try Waze for Tesla Incidents and Supercharger Traffic on your 17" CID which will show your location, police sightings, accidents, and Supercharger locations in the area. Just be sure you allow it to use your location when prompted.

Nope. Here in Sydney Australia it routinely takes me out of my way to get on a toll road.
I second the suggestion to forget about the fluff of Easter eggs, ludicrous settings which are only good for show and are totally impractical, and concentrate on fixing the Nav. Navigon and Garmin are the same company, I believe. Garmin Nav has all the bells and whistles any decent Nav such as Tom Tom has. So why is it missing in the S?

time=$; toll roads are usually a good value. I don't understand trying to avoid them. get an EZ Pass or regional equivalent and enjoy paying for the ability to use fast roads.

And anyway, who doesn't use Waze?

time=$; toll roads are usually a good value. I don't understand trying to avoid them. get an EZ Pass or regional equivalent and enjoy paying for the ability to use fast roads.

And anyway, who doesn't use Waze?

Usually they can be. In VA there's this infamous DullesGreenway, and from where I am, taking just 5 miles on it is between $5.50-$6.50. The alternative adds 5 minutes and costs $0.

Reactions: Big-Al
If you have a sunpass account with your license plate in it, ezpass I'll query sunpass to see if the plate belongs to a sunpass account and just charge your. Even if you don't have a transponder in the car, I haven't had one in my Tesla since I bought it