Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avoid Toronto Supercharger - 3 of 8 stalls working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am currently at tesla Toronto Lawrence.

1 supercharger has a bag over its head
1 has a smashed car parked at it
1 has another service car parked at it with a foot of snow on it
2 more the charge cable won't engage charging with the car. Either won't latch or won't charge (orange, with warning message inside)

Weirdly it shows 4 are being used on the map. Only 3 are.

Not what you want to see happen when you're trying to get home at midnight.

Pickering/Markham/Etobicoke/Mississaugas can't come soon enough

There are currently 4 cars waiting for the 3 working superchargers

If you're going east and can push it, go to port hope. If you're going north, try Vaughan or Barrie.

Just avoid Toronto if you can.

Last edited:
1 supercharger has a bag over its head
1 has a smashed car parked at it
1 has another service car parked at it with a foot of snow on it
2 more the charge cable won't engage charging with the car. Either won't latch or won't charge (orange, with warning message inside)

Weirdly it shows 4 are being used on the map. Only 3 are.

Given that a supercharge unit runs two pedestals, the spot with one of the broken cars may be the pair of the bagged non-functional one. I agree that Tesla should manually set the 4 non-operative stalls to in-use to reflect available capacity and get the other non-op vehicle out of the potentially usable spot. Did you call and report the situation to the Supercharger #?

Still a mess. Five cars parked waiting on two chargers
Hopefully people are receptive to charging sparingly where possible. Last night when i finally got my spot I charged only as much as I'd need to get to my next location. If someone's heading east they can charge up to 120-140 kms of range and move on to port hope for example. Or concord etc. Keeps everything moving along.

I found the same situation on the night of Christmas Day. I stopped at Lawrence for a quick charge on my way home to ensure I could make it, and found the same situation.

It seems to me that supercharger handles are susceptible to ice and snow getting into the connector part, and that renders them incapable of properly interfacing with the car. We must all be careful to return them to the holsters without dropping them into the ice and snow, but perhaps for northern climes, Tesla could heat the handles or something so they will melt the offending ice and snow.

It seems to me that supercharger handles are susceptible to ice and snow getting into the connector part, and that renders them incapable of properly interfacing with the car. We must all be careful to return them to the holsters without dropping them into the ice and snow, but perhaps for northern climes, Tesla could heat the handles or something so they will melt the offending ice and snow.

As my wife and I keep saying, designed in California. Yeah I agree. I used one of the superchargers the day before that had since went down. It worked but was impossible to holster back into the supercharger. The next day it just wouldn’t stick. It definitely sucked over the course of three days where I was driving 4+ hours a day between visiting family and running errands (and staying over in Hamilton one night at a relatives home without a charger).

Saw a review here less than an hour ago: 31 kW max after 40 minutes wait
IMG_0101.JPG