Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avoid Toronto Supercharger - 3 of 8 stalls working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, Concord is open now. My comment makes perfect sense.
so what you're saying is that Tesla is self-sabatoging their supercharger in Toronto and forcing people 35 kms each way northwest to Vaughan Mills to charge up there? Just want to be clear.

i.e. you think Tesla wants relief at the Toronto site and would risk reputational harm to do so, both the harm from the supercharger being broken and making the company look bad when customers are inconvenienced, as well as the risk that word gets out Tesla is deliberately screwing people over by fake closing superchargers...on Christmas Day.

That's your assertion?

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
I read somewhere (on FaceBook maybe?) that the chargers were destroyed by vandals. Can anyone confirm?
they were caught on security cam...whole gang of them

exxon-mobil-corp-employees-stand-in-front-of-a-fuel-tanker-during-the-picture-id887727356

Was at Lawrence last night - staff said that their superchargers were vandalized not that long ago, and that 2 days ago the supercharger people were in to repair them all. I believe they're all online now.

I'm also planning to be there when the road trip shows up tonight - at least my actual car is on-site already and I can use it to sit in - I have a loaner right now.

Was at Lawrence last night - staff said that their superchargers were vandalized not that long ago, and that 2 days ago the supercharger people were in to repair them all.
I cannot believe that there wouldn’t be some security cameras on site. Hope they get the bas....ds. Stuff like this just makes me sick. That whole mindset is beyond me. I suppose it is lucky they didn’t get electrocuted.

Yeah, I don't buy that. Tesla Service is simply a bad location for a Supercharger station. The service center competes with customers for availability of the chargers and the parking spots.

What I have been told here by a Service Manager in the US at a SC that hosts Superchargers is that the service bays have 2 Superchargers in the service bay area which they use.
The Superchargers outside are reserved for customers who can appear at any time off the 3 Interstates I75, I85, I20 primarily via the Ring Bypass I285, or the local condos/apartment bldgs., the gates to the lot where the 'external' chargers are located will always be open.
In addition there are 4 Destination Chargers outside which are reserved to charge new deliveries, and possibly serviced cars, overflows from the Superchargers who may want to use these Destination chargers should check inside first as they may or may not be working.

Anyone feel like the 'vandalism' story sounds made up? Here's why I'm skeptical...

1. Who is going to vandalize a Tesla supercharger? I made a joke above about oil cos, but seriously, what's the big motivation?
2. If it's not motivated by anything other than pure destruction WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND wants to mess with something that high voltage?
3. If you are out of your mind enough to mess with a supercharger and vandalize it, how are you going to do it...like are you going to drive your car or truck into it and potentially fry yourself? Or are you going to get out and beat it with a bat?

Having been there when this was going on I can tell you that all of the superchargers were in fine physical condition, and they all worked in a way in that they all connected with the car, sent a signal through to the car. they just wouldn't latch.

If we're going to have a conspiracy theory I think the vandalism story was a coverup for the superchargers just not working well...which is pretty embarrassing.

2. If it's not motivated by anything other than pure destruction WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND wants to mess with something that high voltage?
3. If you are out of your mind enough to mess with a supercharger and vandalize it, how are you going to do it...like are you going to drive your car or truck into it and potentially fry yourself? Or are you going to get out and beat it with a bat?

Other that the power that lights the Tesla logo, the Supercharger main power is off/ disconnected at the main cabinet until the correct signal is received from the vehicle and the isolation tests on the HV lines pass.