Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awaiting Delivery - Accessories and Prep (Am I missing something?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m awaiting delivery, the outlet and adapter are awaiting the mobile connector. Just a note, I do have the circuit breaker flipped off until needed on that first day of charging.
Your plug may be upside down. However you could mount a hanging bracket to hold the weight the the charger above the plug so you wouldn't have any issues. Attached is what I currently have with a 14-50 plug. You may also want/need something to hold the 18 feet of cable when not plugged in.
Also attached is the cable organizer that Tesla sells that comes with the charger bracket, which I did not get.

Attachments

• Power Plug.jpg
    Power Plug.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 124
  • cable_organizer.png
    cable_organizer.png
    384 KB · Views: 67
Your plug may be upside down. However you could mount a hanging bracket to hold the weight the the charger above the plug so you wouldn't have any issues. Attached is what I currently have with a 14-50 plug. You may also want/need something to hold the 18 feet of cable when not plugged in.
Also attached is the cable organizer that Tesla sells that comes with the charger bracket, which I did not get.
The Tesla Cable Organizer chassis mount can be used with the plug exiting at the top or bottom. (Scroll down to the third photo.)

Cable Organizer

Yes, I definitely have this in mind. I already purchased a non-Tesla branded cable organizer on Amazon. Just waiting for the mobile connector so I can align where to exactly mount it.

I purposely installed the outlet “upside down” to have it a bit higher off the ground and out of the way so I can walk by a bit easier. I live in the city, so my garage is small, haha.

Attachments

• 6E34D4E2-C3AE-44FE-A0FA-7E0CD372C89F.jpeg
    6E34D4E2-C3AE-44FE-A0FA-7E0CD372C89F.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 85
Yes, I definitely have this in mind. I already purchased a non-Tesla branded cable organizer on Amazon. Just waiting for the mobile connector so I can align where to exactly mount it.

I purposely installed the outlet “upside down” to have it a bit higher off the ground and out of the way so I can walk by a bit easier. I live in the city, so my garage is small, haha.
You may find that you have to back the Model Y into the garage so that the charging cable can reach the charge port on the Model Y. The charging cable is ~18 feet long.

You may find that you have to back the Model Y into the garage so that the charging cable can reach the charge port on the Model Y. The charging cable is ~18 feet long.
I was able to schedule a garage fit with a MYP and it will definitely be tough to back in. I have my turning regimen down pact after a few years. I also tested the outlet with the demo car’s mobile charger and there was plenty of cable length.

Attachments

• 1624355D-92B1-4901-B01E-3269EF2EAE44.jpeg
    1624355D-92B1-4901-B01E-3269EF2EAE44.jpeg
    478 KB · Views: 78
  • 8192B2EF-E2D1-49E0-A0B9-E05B192F5145.jpeg
    8192B2EF-E2D1-49E0-A0B9-E05B192F5145.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 86
I would not spend any money for a switch box. Since you have an unused 5-20 receptacle that should be able to charge your Tesla Model Y at 120V/16A (2kW.) The Tesla Gen 2 NEMA Adapters table shows 4 miles per hour but it could be a little more, i.e. 5 to 6 miles per hour.) I would use the 14-30 dryer outlet as needed.
Yep, that is my plan right now. If the 5-20 plug isn't enough after long trips or short available charge time I'll temporarily switch to 14-30 outlet. thanks.

I've been lurking the community for quite some time but decided now that my MY5 is ordered to join. I'm exicted as it's my first EV and my post-deployment gift to myself which should be ready when I get back.

2021 Model Y - 5 Seat - Blue w/Black Interior & Induction Wheels... expected delivery June 21

I like to make my cars "mine", so I load them up with accessories. Wondering if anyone had opinions, alternate recommendations, or additions for my list. Most of these picks were based on recommendations I've read on here:
  • Front/Rear floor mats (3D Maxspiders)
  • Trunk mats (Tesmanian)
  • Sun shades (live in Texas - Tesla Rear & Tesmanian Roof)
  • TeslaCam / SentryMode storage (SanDisk microSD w/Adapter)
  • Mud Flaps (undecided between Tesla, BASENOR, or Motorbe styles)
  • Center Console Organizer (XTAUTO - Amazon)
  • Tire Kit (Victor Plug & Go kit, Slime Plug kit, Auto Tire Inflator)
  • Anti-Glare screen protector (Spigen)
  • Cup Holder Insert (Motrobe)
  • Seat Protection for dogs/kids (Viewpets Bench Cover & Munchkin Brica kick mats)
  • NEMA 14-30 Extension Cord
  • Tesla NEMA Adaptors (14-30, 14-50, & 5-20)
  • Charging Cable Organizer (BMZX)
  • Front License Plate Holder (Quick Bandit, 1975Creations)
  • PPF (Tesla Rear Door Panel Kit)
Also considering the following, but still on the fence. May grab them later:
  • BASENOR Noise Reduction Seal Kit
  • Topfit Performance Foot Pedal Pads
  • TAPTES Center Console Hidden Storage Box
  • RimSavers
  • Additional PPF installed by local shop
  • SUMA Performance Mirrors
  • Tesla Roof Rack Bars
For prep, I've got the app on my phone, going to read as many manuals as I can, and continue to lurk the forums.

Am I missing anything highly recommended? Is this too obsessive? Thanks for any advice or inputs!
am looking for the best roof shade, you mentioned Tesmanian is good?