Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Away for 2 months. Car doesn't top off every night.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm away for 2 months and have my car set to 50% and scheduled to charge at 1:00AM. It seems like the car loses about 2-3 miles per day sitting there, however when 1:00AM comes around the car doesn't seem to top off those 2-3 miles automatically. I have to use the app to adjust the slider up (arbitrarily) and then back down to 50% to initiate charging.

Is this normal behavior? Maybe I should leave it sit for a few days to bleed off 10-15 miles and see if it automatically boosts back up to 50%.

I'm away for 2 months and have my car set to 50% and scheduled to charge at 1:00AM. It seems like the car loses about 2-3 miles per day sitting there, however when 1:00AM comes around the car doesn't seem to top off those 2-3 miles automatically. I have to use the app to adjust the slider up (arbitrarily) and then back down to 50% to initiate charging.

Is this normal behavior? Maybe I should leave it sit for a few days to bleed off 10-15 miles and see if it automatically boosts back up to 50%.
What you’re reporting is normal behavior. No need to let it sit for a few days to see what happens. It’s programmed to not start charging again until it drops 3%, so the charging circuit doesn’t run unnecessarily. If you really need those 2-3 miles, set your charge level higher.