TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AWD 0-60 Real World

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Piney999, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Piney999

Piney999 Member

I know there has been some random thoughts a while back, but what do people think the actual 0-60 time will be for the AWD? I think the P and D will both do better then published, but what will it be?

2. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

I'm guessing 0.1 to 0.2 faster than advertised. But... the non-P AWD cars will probably be bin lottery. Some cars might get motors that only get advertised 0-60mph but others might get a motors that are a little quicker. Though we have no clue how the "software lock/cork" on the non-P AWD cars actually behaves. It could neuter even the better motors.

3. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

You think there's that much variance with the motor?

4. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

It's possible. Also variance between battery packs.

5. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

It would be sad if the AWD only got advertised 0-60 since the RWD models have tested as low as 4.6s - about 0.5s quicker than advertised...

I think it would be great if AWD were more like 3.9-4.1s and the P was more like 3.0-3.1s

• Like x 1
  6. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

I have a feeling that P with ludicrous update will get like 2.9 - 3.1 seconds, pushing toward 2.9s tho.

7. TexasTeslaRacing

Do we know if the performance AWD 3 has ludicrous and launch mode?

8. MarkS22

MarkS22 Member

I haven't seen anything official. It would make sense for a Performance edition to have launch mode, but it's probably closer to "Insane" than "Ludicrous" in terms of 0-60 speed.