Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Delivery Thread for 4/2 and later Reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non-owner
Reserved 4/3/16 in Houston TX
Configured 6/27/18
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Obsidian Black Metallic
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
Contacted 8/23
VIN# 8/24
Delivery appointment at Houston-North scheduled for 9/17 at 12 noon

I may have wasted a few days because I didn't know for Texas, Tesla has to receive and deposit all funds before they will schedule delivery.
Picked up my car up today, 3 days early. It was a great experience. 10/10. I had a boatload of questions and inspected the interior and exterior very closely. They didn't mind at all and every question I had was answered.

Reactions: jgrant and KJD
Picked up my car up today, 3 days early. It was a great experience. 10/10. I had a boatload of questions and inspected the interior and exterior very closely. They didn't mind at all and every question I had was answered.

Congrats. Curious if your Obsidian Black had anything to do with timing. I have Silver Metallic AWD, which are the two colors being eliminated to streamline production and delays from changing out paint between batches.

That said, I have yet to get a call or VIN. Reading on prior threads sounds like we're seeing processes change in real-time, so not sure what to expect, but sounds like your experience was good, so optimistic.

I reserved 4/4/16 and had sept-nov delivery scheduled- I got a delivery window a couple of weeks ago, picked 22nd Sept at Charlotte and was issued a VIN yesterday on the website. 100XXX range....can’t wait!

Blue, white, AWD; 19’, EAP...

Impressed they’re getting through to Charlotte so quickly as I believe there is a bit of a capacity issue for NC in general (I.e. Raleigh vehicles being sent to Charlotte).. good luck everyone!