TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AWD delivery thread

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Ghostrider, Jul 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Beavis

Beavis Model S Signature 991

Delivery this Saturday in CO. Reserved 4/1/16 & configured in June and was contacted for deliver last week. VIN assigned yesterday. AWD (non-perf), long range, red with premium black interior, standard wheels, enhanced auto pilot.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. aus1ander

aus1ander Member

I don't think they are prioritizing cars based on personal preference -- I think they are producing white interiors on the same line as the Performance M3 where 19 inch rims are not even an option. They just stick on 18s or 20s (with suspension adjustments) with white interiors and let them roll off the line. The non-P white interiors with 18s likely came off the same line running these Performance cars, including the M3P non-PUP cars. They are essentially the same car, except the non-P cars drivetrains are software limited.

• Informative x 2
  3. Dexterryu

Dexterryu Member

I think they are prioritizing profitability for anything in Sept for Q3 numbers. White seats are probably pure profit. Same for EAP/FSD. Combine those 3 and it's about = $10000 profit vs a M3 with Black seats and no EAP (which is my M3 config).

• Like x 4
  4. gtbuzz

gtbuzz Member

Woo hoo!

Finally got an email (no call) from an "inside delivery advisor." Wanted to confirm details and estimated 10/4/18 delivery. No VIN until I confirm info though .

Details in sig.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  5. Tricia

Tricia Member

Obsedian Black, black interior ,awd, 18” wheels , long range battery,self driving. , auto pilot, delivery in Portland Oregon. Still waiting.

6. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

Got my VIN today (details in sig) - 5YJ3E1EB8JF107xxx (I haven't seen one that high before..? Sumbitted to Bloomberg).

I'll be updating both sheets.

FYI, this is about 6 weeks after first phone call to confirm my financial and delivery location choices.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  7. a.void

a.void Member

This 100%. White seats $1500 gouging is basically 100% profit.
    19" wheels have real costs associated with them vs. 18" aeros.

• Like x 1
  8. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

Well great, they’re already delivering into October now.

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

That much profit is minuscule even at scale compared to EAP/FSD or the loyalty/satisfaction of those finally trying to be a part of the Tesla brand.

10. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

This is fantastic news. White interior?

11. smsiegel33

smsiegel33 Member

can someone fill in the timing below? I plan on finding my own finance and selling my car myself and am trying to plan ahead as much as possible. Disregarding reservations, what is to be expected for someone not paying cash?

-Time from order to edit button going away.
    -Time from edit button going missing to VIN assignment.
    -Time from VIN assignment until car is made.
    -Time from when car is made to take delivery.

12. Xenius

Xenius Member

Alright, can add some data (eventually). We ordered wifes 3 on Saturday 9/1.

Midnight Silver, EAP, 18" wheels, AWD, black interior. No FSD. Delivery to be Devon, PA

13. wcorey

wcorey Member

Awesome!!!

• Like x 1
  14. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

No black interior. It's significant in that it's to Canada, and we're only at an estimated 5% who've received a VIN or Delivery date vs. 22% for US. We know that the push for US is to get the maximum rebates qualified.

15. Allenby58

Allenby58 Member

Congrats! My VIN (assigned yesterday) is 996xx.

• Like x 1
  16. TrickyDimitri

TrickyDimitri Soon...very soon.

In case something happens between now and then. My ISA said that was the reason they prefer to give it out closer to delivery date.

17. a.void

a.void Member

I agree in principle, however they are trying to grab all they can to show profitability. Especially after the NO CAPITAL raise commitment and the taking private debacle that has stained this 3d quarter

• Like x 1
  18. Dexterryu

Dexterryu Member

In the grand scheme of things, I agree completely. However they need to deliver on their investor guidance of a profitable quarter of which I would guess they are going to be very close. Elon has said cash positive for Q3 and Q4. So every little bit helps for this endeavor and this also helps show a higher % of profit per M3 sold.

So while yes, this is monkeying with the numbers to an extent it's unfortunately a game that they have to play right now.

19. gtbuzz

gtbuzz Member

Got a call and they offered as soon as 9/29 but I'm out of town, so we settled on 10/1.

• Like x 1
  20. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

The time from order to VIN assignment is anywhere from <1 week to >2 years. VIN assignment to delivery is roughly 2 to 8 weeks. Being more precise than that is pretty much impossible.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1