Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than schedule maintenance...only couple times in the 10yrs I had it. Failed module that was draining the battery, fuel sending unit gauge malfunction and HPFP recall while in warranty. Broke down once on me after warranty, 2 yrs ago when the water pump died.
You got lucky.

I had a 2009 335i coupe. Had HPFP replaced twice including once after recall. Also had it in the shop four times in two months when I finally decided to get rid before the warranty expired.

Again, at this point I'm quite sure they're not telling the truth. Something IS wrong with your order, although the ignorant flunkies at the call center probably don't realize this. Keep track of the date when you made the last change, and then start really bugging them.

I might stop by the Century City store sometime this week and follow up with them. Definitely will keep track of the 7/23 date when I made the change to white interior.

Reactions: neroden
Who left on these forums still doesn’t even have a delivery date?

As in you made a reservation and subsequent deposit but have heard nothing since... Zip. Zero. Zilch.

We need to stick together.

Me. Original delivery was scheduled for today then cancelled. Text received yesterday indicated a pending home/office delivery. I was in Rocklin earlier today and stopped by the SC (massive number of cars in the lot) and spoke to a couple of friendly and eagerly helpful reps who checked my order and were unable to locate a VIN. DA said last week that the car was scheduled to in Rocklin yesterday, but there was no confirmation by the local Tesla folks

Waiting. After nearly a year since my reservation, what is another week? Or two? At least that is what I keep telling myself!

That's the most charming comment I've heard all day. You must live in a place where somebody at the delivery center answers the phone? Three days calling, nobody has ever picked up. Yesterday my delivery center delivered well over 300 matched cars. Today, they're trying to break that record. Are you telling me that you'll have a Delivery Advisor who speaks to you as well? Awesome! I've never heard from nor met mine. I did get a name at one point though!

And for the record... I'm delivered! Man, what a crazy ride.

I pay sales tax because in CA we have tax on sales. A paid a doc fee, because a doc fee was charged.

I can tell by your picture that your car was about six spaces down from us. If you saw a black dog being walked by, that was us! We were pulled into that same row. A had a couple of issues. A dented left camera/blinker pod. Interior A-pillar trim pulled away and not seated at the bottom, to the point where the air bag system can clearly be seen through the windshield, and a sharp metal tab stuck up out of the dash. When I pointed that out, they IMMEDIATELY took the car to service, and fixed it in 10 minutes. On the drive home, I found: left turn signal will never cancel in any mode. Radio stopped working (then worked again after the car went to sleep and woke up again). Roof glass has decal/stickum on it... but I'm having tint done anyway, so I'll let them polish it up. Other than those, things all looked and worked great. Super fun drive home in the rocketship. Man, it's tough to stay at reasonable speeds, eh?

I tried to swap too, but everybody I ran into wanted iphone cables like me. :-( I'll go swap on the board I guess. Or wait until Thursday when my wireless charger gets here.

So happy your car and paperwork were there and you got to drive away with your Model 3. I had my fingers crossed for you. Did notice a group of 5-6 people to the right of my passenger side talking in the parking lot roadway. They were taking pictures of their car and then before they left took pictures in front of the Tesla building address. LOL about the phone cable. The MX to the drivers side of us was an iPhone person as well. My husband did go around the immediate parking lot area asking people if they wanted to swap cables. Would have been funny if he approached you. He did find someone, so we were able to plug both of ours in on the ride home and the charging worked.

Trying to think of all the things to check out before our 3 days are up for the due bill. My hood looks fine but I thought the gap was a bit tight looking right at the front so will see if it can be adjusted a bit. It closed fine without hitting the body. My husband did notice the right passenger side body around the headlight protruded out a bit. Didn't notice it at first with the sun on it but as the sun moved he picked up on it and said he did add that to the due bill for adjustment. One thing I will say, and heard others say this too, is that you need to be sure you close the doors hard enough to fully close. After plugging in at home my husband noticed on the app that my driver's door was open. Something we'll have to get use to compared to our MS. Cabin overheat protection was on (use all the time on our MS), and we added Lock Upon Leaving. Overall extremely pleased with the car.

So you got hit by the left turn signal blinker issue. Was that on all the way back to Davis?? I had read yesterday on a thread on here about it affecting some cars, our VIN 88,7xx btw was 9/18 manufacture. Did your VIN fall into the group listed in the thread? Before we left the Tesla parking lot we tested out the left turn signal and drove around the adjacent parking lot a bit just getting aquainted to the handling. Our EAP was calibrating as soon as we pulled out and my husband said it finished calibrating and he used TACC a good part of the way home. One of his favorite features.

The battery was about half charged at Tesla and we charged a bit more when we got home. No problems with the adapter, charging cable or charge port. Plan to take the car to a Supercharger later tonight to make sure no problems at that end. Curious how the payment thing will work (free supercharging on our MS). I don't think new cars are getting billed immediately...takes a few days or so to appear...will see later tonight.

For anyone that cares about the LA Metro Tesla Direct service: it’s been 48 hours since the email with no response.

I get that they blasted that out to a large audience hoping to get enough to match up whatever they have and I probably didn’t make the cut, but a simple automated “sorry, maybe next time” would’ve been sufficient. I had no prospect of getting the car this weekend until they sent that email and got me excited. Really poor customer experience.

To add insult to injury, someone parked a Model 3 with my exact configuration out on the street 30 feet from my front door. It’s been a rough day.
I too made that email blast late Friday. I was cautiously optimistic, but not entirely disappointed, because I'm schedule for normal delivery in about a week.

Curious. When did you received and respond back to that email? I received mine @6:18pm and responded back @7:09pm.

As in you made a reservation and subsequent deposit but have heard nothing since... Zip. Zero. Zilch.

giphy.gif

Count me in. 5/2018 res and 6/27 order. Nothing yet.

White / black int / aero / EAP

I thought the store on State Street was both that and the Service Center. Do we have a separate vehicle service center? Also, what config @tony b ? Congrats
Thanks! I seriously love this car! Yes, we have a service center location and a separate store in Salt Lake City. On this past saturday, all the deliveries were made at the store location on state street.
My config:
MSM, 18”, white interior, EAP

Sidenote: I bought the hubcap replacements to take off the aero wheels but with the MSM, they match perfectly. I don’t want to take them off. Then again, the car is detailed beautifully and might be different once it’s gets a little dirt.

No! You have to go to the black padded room. The white interior will cost you an extra $1500, and is not yet available with lithium.

That's nothing. Dr. Otto Pilot says I can get out in 3 months maybe, 6 months definitely if I can pay $5,000 for Full Self Diagnosis.

Besides, I tried the black room and the gaps between the padded sections were just unacceptable. Even in here we have to have standards! :p

Sorry guys and gals, I'll try to get back on topic. Just trying a little humor therapy.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
So happy your car and paperwork were there and you got to drive away with your Model 3. I had my fingers crossed for you. Did notice a group of 5-6 people to the right of my passenger side talking in the parking lot roadway. They were taking pictures of their car and then before they left took pictures in front of the Tesla building address. LOL about the phone cable. The MX to the drivers side of us was an iPhone person as well. My husband did go around the immediate parking lot area asking people if they wanted to swap cables. Would have been funny if he approached you. He did find someone, so we were able to plug both of ours in on the ride home and the charging worked.

Trying to think of all the things to check out before our 3 days are up for the due bill. My hood looks fine but I thought the gap was a bit tight looking right at the front so will see if it can be adjusted a bit. It closed fine without hitting the body. My husband did notice the right passenger side body around the headlight protruded out a bit. Didn't notice it at first with the sun on it but as the sun moved he picked up on it and said he did add that to the due bill for adjustment. One thing I will say, and heard others say this too, is that you need to be sure you close the doors hard enough to fully close. After plugging in at home my husband noticed on the app that my driver's door was open. Something we'll have to get use to compared to our MS. Cabin overheat protection was on (use all the time on our MS), and we added Lock Upon Leaving. Overall extremely pleased with the car.

So you got hit by the left turn signal blinker issue. Was that on all the way back to Davis?? I had read yesterday on a thread on here about it affecting some cars, our VIN 88,7xx btw was 9/18 manufacture. Did your VIN fall into the group listed in the thread? Before we left the Tesla parking lot we tested out the left turn signal and drove around the adjacent parking lot a bit just getting aquainted to the handling. Our EAP was calibrating as soon as we pulled out and my husband said it finished calibrating and he used TACC a good part of the way home. One of his favorite features.

The battery was about half charged at Tesla and we charged a bit more when we got home. No problems with the adapter, charging cable or charge port. Plan to take the car to a Supercharger later tonight to make sure no problems at that end. Curious how the payment thing will work (free supercharging on our MS). I don't think new cars are getting billed immediately...takes a few days or so to appear...will see later tonight.
Can you tell me the cables you are talking about? My delivery is in 3 days, and I want to make sure I have all I need. Thx

Reactions: cct3

Me! I am a day one reservation holder and ordered a RWD M3 on 5/4. When they announced the AWD, I still didn't have a vin, so they put me back in the reservation queue and I was invited and configured on 6/26 - a day BEFORE the floodgates opened. I switched to white interior right when it became available, but made no other changes.

After seeing so many people with the SAME configuration and the SAME deliver center (Mt Kisco, NY) getting deliveries scheduled even though they should be way behind me in the queue, I finally called about 3 weeks ago and was told (after waiting on hold for 50 mins) that everything was fine with my order. I then called again 7 days ago and the woman agreed that I should have had movement by now, but couldn't see anything wrong. She talked to her supervisor who was going to flag my order and send it up the chain for review. I thought I was FINALLY on track to make some progress, then...., crickets all week.

Reactions: neroden
Can you tell me the cables you are talking about? My delivery is in 3 days, and I want to make sure I have all I need. Thx

Inside the padded center console on our car was a package of two cellphone charging cables. One with an iPhone lightning connection and the other cable for android phones with their connector. We're an iPhone family so of course wanted two of the same kind. Swapping cables with someone else who's an android family works out well for all involved.

BTW in our glove box was a owners manual (yes! printed) and some other little booklet maybe warranty not sure. Also a zip lock bag with a metal wire in it. I asked about this and was told it was for your tire lug nuts I think. The Monroney sticker listing what you bought, options, price, VIN, eMPG or whatever it's called was placed behind our rear seats on the kind of trunk stationary parcel shelf. If you were a Day 1 line waiter and they still had any of the die cast Model 3 cars left, I've heard people found them in their cushioned center console section when they opened it up. Just read some people were still getting them (might depend on local store's supply).

Do check for your Mobile Connector in the square black zipper bag. Should be in your trunk area, believe ours was in the lower portion of the trunk, if not look for it in your frunk. Check to see you have the 3 adapters there--NEMA 14/50, J1772, and not sure what the third one was. The one thing I didn't look for was the Tow Hook. Hopefully don't ever need it but important to have in case you do. Have to remember to check for that. Might be in the trunk or frunk.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Read up on Musk. He fires people a *lot* more aggressively than my style. He's just not been paying attention to some of the biggest problems in the company.

Large parts of the software department are neither tracking nor prioritizing bugs and has no system for testing for regressions. This has become very clear over the last 4 years. This is compounded by total communications failure, where nobody in the rest of the company can get information out of them. We didn't tolerate this in *all-volunteer* projects.
They've got broken processes, I've seen them firsthand, but they certainly have regression suites. It would've been much, much, much worse otherwise. Regression tests may not support older model S like yours though...

Maybe of interest to some picking up their cars at the Fremont Delivery Center. They were providing drinks and some food (pastries I think) while you waited. Didn't realize this and we stopped at Starbucks in McCarthy Ranch Marketplace before hand not having had breakfast and unsure how long things would take. Taking McCarthy Ranch Road out of there turns into Fremont Avenue which the delivery center is located on. This route also will take you past the additional parking lot full of Teslas before you arrive at the DC.

For those following EV competitors, noticed SF Motors' new factory location going past it. It's one of 3 large industrial warehouse/office complexes recently built. SF Motors was their first tenant. SF Motors acquired Inevit that was started by Martin Eberhard, co-founder and former CEO of Tesla. He's now their chief innovation officer and just kind of down the street from the Tesla Factory.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Coldones