Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text last night from the Tesla Scheduling Team.
The edit build option has been removed.
Scheduled for Dec 10th delivery!
I have almost the exact same build as you except I opted for the 19” wheels. Also in NJ. I also ordered October 30th (one day off). I originally was given a 12/3 delivery day on 11/2 but last week I went in for a pre-trade in and was told my car should arrive closer to thanksgiving! Perhaps they are hoping to “Under promise, over deliver”

I have almost the exact same build as you except I opted for the 19” wheels. Also in NJ. I also ordered October 30th (one day off). I originally was given a 12/3 delivery day on 11/2 but last week I went in for a pre-trade in and was told my car should arrive closer to thanksgiving! Perhaps they are hoping to “Under promise, over deliver”
Similar build to you guys and similar timing (LR AWD, MSM, White/Black, 19s, - no EAP). Ordered 10/23 - delivery scheduled for 11/21 in Cherry Hill.

Similar build to you guys and similar timing (LR AWD, MSM, White/Black, 19s, - no EAP). Ordered 10/23 - delivery scheduled for 11/21 in Cherry Hill.
Nice! I’m about 45 minutes from the cherry hill location in Hammonton. I was only offered home delivery. They told me when my delivery date gets closer I can switch to pickup if I want. Did you get and option when ordering for in store pickup or delivery? Which are you doing as of now?

Home delivery 10/28. No issues except a couple of smudges of dirt that was wiped buffed off. Came with license plate holders and red die cast car.

What was your production date? I just got my VIN for Nov 30 delivery as 115xxx. It is for a Blue LR AWD, 18" Aero, EAP. I assume our cars were likely produced around the same time.

Have you found any other issues since delivery?

Recent referral that doesn't want to be on the boards I would like to update.

OH Cleveland

October 18 deposit and order confirmed for AWD Pearl White with AP and 18's.
November 19th delivery date.

Another drive to Cleveland:) Good news. Going in for my 50k service on S. Two birds one stone....

Anyone that lives in the Tesla hater state of MI. I will drive you and your entourage down to take delivery to the buckeye state. Give them the sales tax $.

@saint9121 @GateFather @Thirsty3 come join us in the NY/NJ Waiting Room

@GateFather I would push for SC delivery if you can. Allows you to withhold payment until you actually see the car in person, plus guaranteed that there’s no delay with setting up the app, getting DMV paperwork, etc. Some folks in New England ended up with cars they literally could not drive because the cars weren’t registered properly or in time.

What was your production date? I just got my VIN for Nov 30 delivery as 115xxx. It is for a Blue LR AWD, 18" Aero, EAP. I assume our cars were likely produced around the same time.

Have you found any other issues since delivery?

I'm supposed to take delivery on the 19th and my VIN is 717xx. Got it a month ago, it's Obsidian Black Metallic, LR AWD, 19" Sport, EAP. Hoping it's a recent build.

I am pretty sure both Perf and AWD Model 3 gets "B" in VIN. The "2" and "4" are for Model S and X.
Interesting. Great, wonder how they legally tell the difference then? They came back and told me it was a typo and would be no premium change, lol, even when I offered to send MVPA/Monroney.

You would think for a hardware option (especially one that usually has an insurance impact), there would be a specific way for them to tell that you have it via VIN.

I ordered AWD non-performance red w/black interiors and Aeros on 10/17 for delivery to Raleigh, NC. The Edit button disappeared on Saturday night and the trade-in options became available to fill out at the same time (which I did today). I still don't see a VIN, however, nor have I been contacted by Tesla yet. Really hoping for delivery soon! :)

@saint9121 @GateFather @Thirsty3 come join us in the NY/NJ Waiting Room

@GateFather I would push for SC delivery if you can. Allows you to withhold payment until you actually see the car in person, plus guaranteed that there’s no delay with setting up the app, getting DMV paperwork, etc. Some folks in New England ended up with cars they literally could not drive because the cars weren’t registered properly or in time.
Yep I was told I can switch to SC delivery when the date gets closer. I’ll be calling towards the end of next week to arrange. Heading over to NY/NJ Waiting Room!

I ordered AWD non-performance red w/black interiors and Aeros on 10/17 for delivery to Raleigh, NC. The Edit button disappeared on Saturday night and the trade-in options became available to fill out at the same time (which I did today). I still don't see a VIN, however, nor have I been contacted by Tesla yet. Really hoping for delivery soon! :)

Historically, does the disappearance of the "edit" button imply that delivery will be scheduled soon? I'm asking because my "edit" button also disappeared recently.

Last edited:
Thanks, clayh. No later than 2 hours after posting my question, I got a text message with a delivery date. Guess I better figure out how I'm paying for this thing.

You're lucky! I have my fingers crossed here... my edit button disappeared on Saturday but I still haven't heard anything from Tesla. I'll give it a few more days before I call the service center.

My owner advisor was able to give me my VIN pretty quickly, but it hasn't showed up on the website yet even though the edit button is gone. My delivery advisor was supposed to reach out today with financing information so I can decide if I want to use Tesla financing or not but nothing from him yet. I'm hoping he's just been busy today and will get to me soon. I've heard some stories about delivery advisors being MIA for weeks and that does make me a little nervous.

I also had my Edit button disappear this weekend, (Ordered 10/31, AWD, EAP, Black, Aero) but no calls or texts as of yet. Either they disabled the button for a decent number of "over-checkers" like us, or we may be getting close! woo!!!