Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be aware that they might not charge all taxes due before delivering the car. In Colorado, they only charge the state taxes. Then we have to pay county/city taxes when we register the car. In my case, county/city taxes more than double the actual taxes due.
I'm going to post a question over in the Texas forum to confirm, but that extra 2% I'm talking about is actual TX State collected sales tax. My understanding is that the State later pass on funds out of their accounts, in the amount of the extra collected taxes, to fiefdom organization with jurisdiction. So it's not really a separate tax. We used to have a separate county sticker here, that was a modest amount extra, but they got rid of that some time back.

Be aware that they might not charge all taxes due before delivering the car. In Colorado, they only charge the state taxes. Then we have to pay county/city taxes when we register the car. In my case, county/city taxes more than double the actual taxes due.
This makes sense - my Manage page is currently showing ~4% taxes even though sales tax is 7% where I live.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Curious.
Reserved early 4/1/16
No email, also ordered minutes after the ordering system opened to All Reservations on 6/27.
Here's mine now:
View attachment 318364

I reserved online on the 3/31/2016 and place my order on the 06/26 a soon as they open the configurator. I ordered the performance model and there is no updates whatsoever.

I just noticed this on the payment section... I reserved on the 31st WTF

Capture.JPG

I reserved online on the 3/31/2016 and place my order on the 06/26 a soon as they open the configurator. I ordered the performance model and there is no updates whatsoever.

I just noticed this on the payment section... I reserved on the 31st WTF

View attachment 318385
I currently see this, so I'm guessing they're either having issues or in the middle of updating more accounts.
Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 9.13.24 AM.png

Ah, right. If your local tax law work that way (most do, I think some don't) that makes total sense. The number they gave me is for everything, it's the final number with itemized list of the various fees.

P.S. It also contained a bonus gift. I didn't realize I was going to pay my base State tax rate. The way TX works is it's 6.25% sales tax but then areas can levy up to an extra 2%. It's not city or county or any regular political jurisdiction, it's this tiny fiefdom thing separate from all that. And it's extremely difficult to find anywhere that doesn't levy the full 2%. I guess this is an artifact of me paying for the car when it's actually still in CA, it's not inside any of those tiny little fiefdoms.
No actually most (all?) jurisdictions in Texas charge no sales tax on automobiles. Go buy a Ford or a Mercedes and 6.25% will be the sales tax rate. I was told it started when one county eliminated the tax and others followed so as not lose car dealerships. Don’t know if that is true or not. But I’ve always paid 6.25% sales tax on automobiles in TX.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Hey all,
Longtime lurker, first time poster.
Stood in line and ordered ~11am pre-reveal. For the longest time no edit button or estimates.
Thank to this thread - saw the site update. Confirmed all the order info and now says SEPT18-NOV18.
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot
Picking car up at Devon PA location. Fingers crossed it on the earlier side! I have no problem with a quick sign and drive. Just gotta check for any of the damage/flaw issues I've heard some encounter - and off we'll go...

Reactions: ℬête Noire