Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, someone near Richmond VA might get lucky. I had to decline the delivery date.

Over the weekend I saw my edit disappear and my trade in eval/financing info buttons turned grey to yellow. I'm out of town by my husband was kind enough to do the photos for my trade in and send them to me which I uploaded. I called my credit union on Monday and got my loan arranged (asked for a pre-approval and they went ahead and approved the whole thing even without a VIN/final agreement--apparently as long as they get the info within three months it works for them??!! Then again I have banked there for more than 25 years, they know my balances, they get my military retirement check every month, and my FICO is >800).

Yesterday I got the first email contact--the car would be in Richmond on 25 August, and my delivery was scheduled for 28 August. Unfortunately I have a huge trip to visit my ailing mother, and I leave on the 28th. Sigh. So, I emailed back all the information. The guy assigned to me called, had a nice chat wherein he was very kind. But, needless to say, they can't hold the car on the lot for me until 12 September (when I'd be back home and could drive to Richmond, 2.5+ hrs away). He offered to try and make the 27th work and 'rush' the processing. I'd rather wait that get rushed, and given the way things sometimes go, perhaps not make it. Then I'd really be stuck. So I officially declined that first delivery date and car.

Kind of expected the delivery to be during the one time frame it was impossible and was not disappointed. Oh well, more time to get my detached garage wired up properly!

And, my details...

Non-prior owner
Reservation: 5/30/2017
Configured: 7/19/2018
Blue AWD, Non-P, black premium interior, aero wheels, no EAP
No edits ever (but did hit the edit button a few times to check it out...never modified anything and canceled every time)
Delivery: Richmond, VA
Edit button gone/trade in and bank info requested 8/11/2018 (edited to add, I just happed to notice during one of my compulsive checks, no email or notification that this had occurred was ever received)
Email on 8/14 for ‘car arriving on lot’ 8/25, and pick up 8/28. And Very Low offer on my car (offered 50% Kelly, 2011 328 wagon 92K miles)
Phone received phone call 8/15 to follow up the email.
VIN: never got the number, but it has moved on
delivery date: TBD

Well, someone near Richmond VA might get lucky. I had to decline the delivery date.

Over the weekend I saw my edit disappear and my trade in eval/financing info buttons turned grey to yellow. I'm out of town by my husband was kind enough to do the photos for my trade in and send them to me which I uploaded. I called my credit union on Monday and got my loan arranged (asked for a pre-approval and they went ahead and approved the whole thing even without a VIN/final agreement--apparently as long as they get the info within three months it works for them??!! Then again I have banked there for more than 25 years, they know my balances, they get my military retirement check every month, and my FICO is >800).

Yesterday I got the first email contact--the car would be in Richmond on 25 August, and my delivery was scheduled for 28 August. Unfortunately I have a huge trip to visit my ailing mother, and I leave on the 28th. Sigh. So, I emailed back all the information. The guy assigned to me called, had a nice chat wherein he was very kind. But, needless to say, they can't hold the car on the lot for me until 12 September (when I'd be back home and could drive to Richmond, 2.5+ hrs away). He offered to try and make the 27th work and 'rush' the processing. I'd rather wait that get rushed, and given the way things sometimes go, perhaps not make it. Then I'd really be stuck. So I officially declined that first delivery date and car.

Kind of expected the delivery to be during the one time frame it was impossible and was not disappointed. Oh well, more time to get my detached garage wired up properly!

And, my details...

Non-prior owner
No edits ever (but did hit the edit button a few times to check it out...never modified anything and canceled every time)
Edit button gone/trade in and bank info requested 8/11/2018 (edited to add, I just happed to notice during one of my compulsive checks, no email or notification that this had occurred was ever received)
Email on 8/14 for ‘car arriving on lot’ 8/25, and pick up 8/28. And Very Low offer on my car (offered 50% Kelly, 2011 328 wagon 92K miles)
Get a CarMax appraisal/offer to purchase you car, they will match it!

Edit: FYI - nothing's changed on the website. No VIN, even when doing the Developer Console trick.

Thanks for confirming this. This also means that there is zero derived meaning to the fact that you can change your page to “edit-design/“ and go ahead and change your configuration. That page doesn’t immediately disappear in your account once you have a VIN assigned.

And, my details...

Non-prior owner

My exact configuration!

But you reserved after me!

And confirmed after me!

lYDmo1w.gif

Owner, NC
Day-1 in store reservation
Original invite: March 23, 2018
AWD configuration email: Never got one, but noted ability to order in late June.
Ordered: June 30th
AWD (non-P), MSM, Black Interior, no EAP
Estimated Delivery: Sep – Nov ‘18

Called yesterday and was told the car is in transit, VIN 66xxx.
Expected delivery Sept 5.

If it matters, I cant find my VIN online via the 'View Source' approach.

Reactions: BobCio
I have not seen any deliveries for SWF, particularly Tampa, Fort Myers or Naples. Could it be that Tesla is blistering delivery by areas?
Reserved: May 18, 2016
Ordered: July 18 2018
MSM, LR, AWD, Non P.
19 wheels
Self- financing and no trade-in.
Loan good through 8.31.18 else, I have to reapply.
Seen a few people w/ same qualifications getting called but in WVa and Ca.

Just received a call tonight and schedule delivery for Sep 8. Totally was not expecting to get a call this soon given my reservation date.

Reserved: 8/27/2017
Ordered / configured: 6/29/2018
Black/Black, Non-P AWD, EAP, Aero wheels
Jacksonville, FL

You have the exact same configuration as me but reserved nearly four months after me and confirmed after me too....

Instead of being frustrated, this makes me SUPER HAPPY!

Time to log and in and refresh my still-old-design page ten more times to see if the edit button has disappeared....

Nope. Oh well, I might have my car soon! HOORAY!

Apparently some regions have fewer first-day reservations than the others, but delivery bandwidth per center is about the same for all regions, so some regions start clearing up already. CA is not clearing up first day reservations as fast unfortunately...

My exact configuration!

And confirmed after me!

My configuration too. And reserved and configured WAY after me, of course. Oh. And did I mention that I'm not just on the same side of the country as the factory, but also just 74 miles away? Days needed in transit: 0.

Currently on hold with Tesla at 10:30pm local. What option are all of you callers using? None of them match what I'm calling for. Somebody earlier mentioned #3. But that takes me to a local service center. They're all closed of course, and they wouldn't be able to help me anyway.

OK. So this plan to call at night to avoid the big delays: fail. The guy who answered was quite pleasant, but said he could tell me nothing. He's the "after hours" staff, and is there to deal with emergencies. So this was my first-ever contact with Tesla CS, and it didn't work. He said I should call back early tomorrow "before they get busy."

He was also surprised to hear that people in Virginia who reserved and ordered well after I did, were being offered my configuration before I was. :shrug: And.... he's ordered my same car too! But hasn't gotten his yet. He's in Utah.

OK. So this plan to call at night to avoid the big delays: fail. The guy who answered was quite pleasant, but said he could tell me nothing. He's the "after hours" staff, and is there to deal with emergencies. So this was my first-ever contact with Tesla CS, and it didn't work. He said I should call back early tomorrow "before they get busy."

He was also surprised to hear that people in Virginia who reserved and ordered well after I did, were being offered my configuration before I was. :shrug: And.... he's ordered my same car too! But hasn't gotten his yet. He's in Utah.

I think Tesla just hates you....:p

My exact configuration!

And confirmed after me!

lYDmo1w.gif

I have no idea how their algorithms work, but if you are anywhere near Richmond, you might get lucky and get this one. Or, maybe I'm the one who had gotten lucky after this car was declined elsewhere but nearby. It was pretty sudden.

My configuration too. And reserved and configured WAY after me, of course. Oh. And did I mention that I'm not just on the same side of the country as the factory, but also just 74 miles away? Days needed in transit: 0.

Also making no sense unless the algorithms are to spread the cars out for visibility. Oddly enough my trip is to Davis, CA (location under your name)! Maybe it's Davis that's the bad luck, no car for you and I have to decline a car for me just because I'm going there! A conspiracy! (Kidding of course).

Also coincidentally, the same day my husband texted me a couple photos of not one, but two, Teslas on Main Street of our little town. Clearly passing through, but still. Model S types. So the spreading out theory might ever so slightly be true--nationwide saturation so to speak to increase visibility.

Ultimately all I care about is getting it before December 31st.

Get a CarMax appraisal/offer to purchase you car, they will match it!

Sadly no CarMax here. Closest one is about 2 hours away. There is a Drive Time so I might give them a shot. My car did have a deer vs. car event so maybe I better pull it's carfax just to see what that says. It was repaired, had no structural damage, and that was 3 years ago, but that's all I can think of for such a lowball offer.

I have no idea how their algorithms work, but if you are anywhere near Richmond, you might get lucky and get this one. Or, maybe I'm the one who had gotten lucky after this car was declined elsewhere but nearby. It was pretty sudden.

Also making no sense unless the algorithms are to spread the cars out for visibility. Oddly enough my trip is to Davis, CA (location under your name)! Maybe it's Davis that's the bad luck, no car for you and I have to decline a car for me just because I'm going there! A conspiracy! (Kidding of course).

Also coincidentally, the same day my husband texted me a couple photos of not one, but two, Teslas on Main Street of our little town. Clearly passing through, but still. Model S types. So the spreading out theory might ever so slightly be true--nationwide saturation so to speak to increase visibility.

Ultimately all I care about is getting it before December 31st.

Sadly no CarMax here. Closest one is about 2 hours away. There is a Drive Time so I might give them a shot. My car did have a deer vs. car event so maybe I better pull it's carfax just to see what that says. It was repaired, had no structural damage, and that was 3 years ago, but that's all I can think of for such a lowball offer.
It'll be worth it, if for no other reason piece of mind. I believe they are free and it's an actual offer to purchase your car which you can accept, likely within some time frame, 24 hrs, 7 days, 31 days. So you'd lose some state tax advantage but you have two ways to turn it into cash. As I said, Tesla told me if you don't like their offer and have a better CarMax offer, they'll match it. BTW, was just informed where my car will be delivered from is 2 1/2 hrs away. The SC I'll be using is 1hr away and they don't do CT deliveries. Sucks!

I have not seen any deliveries for SWF, particularly Tampa, Fort Myers or Naples. Could it be that Tesla is blistering delivery by areas?
Reserved: May 18, 2016
Ordered: July 18 2018
must be the white interior and 19's that is holding my order back then, and my old 5/2017 reservation date.

I would have though tesla would be prioritizing loaded AWD's (EAP, FSD 19's White interior), due to them wanting to make the highest profits. Oh well, still trying to sell my truck anyways to add to the down payment.
I checked the spreadsheet yesterday and there have been no VINs assigned to any white interior cars with 19s, no matter what color exterior.

Reactions: BobCio
We must have screwed ourselves over by selecting white interior and 19s... To all my brothers and sisters stuck waiting for this config, i feel your pain
Wait, isn't white interior a very recent option? Consequently, by definition, you're at the rear of the line, you changed your config. End of the line is Oct/Nov. It's not the end of the world. Yeah, I know, maybe not but one can see it from there.