Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
update:
4/3/16 res
8/21/18 IDA contact
8/24/18 I requested and was given the VIN for loan processing. At the bank they said the vin didn’t work yet but they allowed me to finish applying for loan.
Now I’m waiting for Tesla to finish contract
I just spoke to Tesla. I am in same boat. I was told there is no visibility to being able to assign a vin, but the nice woman said, yes, based on reservation and order dates I should have one any day now. She also confirmed from VIN to driveway figure 6 weeks. Six weeks from now would be mid Oct, which is dead center in Sept->Nov window and dead center in Tesla guidance they are hitting month 2 of the 1-3 month window they are giving people.
Perhaps Tony, you actually had one internally assigned but didn't realize it yet.

Fudge that crap. You had white interior so you essentially jumped everyone in Tysons. Annoys the heck out of me but mad at Tesla, not you. Enjoy the wheels.
No problem, my friend. I used to watch the threads and have the FIA but I eventually said "forget it" and changed whatever and whenever I wanted and figured what would happen, would happen (hence the 38 configuration changes). In the end it looks like it doesn't matter; I think most folks here will get their cars by the end of the year. Kinda like the old saying, "A watched pot never boils."

Just a random thought.
I just went from refreshing 20 times a day and reading every post daily to checking this thread once or twice every day.
Now I’m lurking more on other pages like interior $ exterior.

Reason being, I got assigned a VIN last week and have a tentative delivery date of sep 7th. White, AWD, white interior. 4/1/16 reservation. Original estimate delivery sep-nov.

I was getting frustrated reading about people getting dates who ordered after me and got slightly annoyed sometimes at tesla for lack of transparency. But the fact is, There’s a tend that majority of people are getting calls early or right around the time mentioned in the esitimstes. We haven’t seen much, if any, deliveries delayed beyond the original estimates. But yet there I was, getting frustrated for not having a vin before my time even started. I guess we all really love and want thing product and can’t wait. But it’s coming!

I am taking delivery on September 7 as well in Florida. I am scheduled for 5:00 p.m. at the Dania Beach store. Will I be seeing you there?

I got VIN yesterday (Friday) with delivery option for late Sunday, which I can't make so delivery Wednesday. 3-5 days VIN to driveway if all goes well...
You're 3 hrs away from Freemont down I-505. Just be careful the paint isn't still wet. I was also told the paperwork is in Contracts for awhile. It takes a week just to get the car from Freemont to Mt Kisco, NY. She said 6 weeks, I was also told 4 weeks, maybe it's closer to 3 wks. It's like a good bottle of wine, it's ready when it's ready.
Some people have to have the car paid for before it is shipped, others pay at delivery. I think the most encouraging news, and being in the corporate world for 45 yrs it was so obvious it escaped me completely. Sept 30 is end of Q3. Just as with software companies...maybe all corporations, they try desperately to close sales before a quarter ends. So if you'd otherwise be in early Oct, they will try to get you done before 9/30/18. Look at how many people now have VINs and delivery dates. Think of the other 98% of purchasers getting the same info. Graphically, one can see the huge bubble (order of magnitude bubble) 3/31 and 4/1 were from @jkirkwood001 showed in his chart from the other day. Once they get past that, which they have or all but have, they'll be caught up in no time!
AWD / P-AWD Thread Waitlist

Last edited:
While I very much dig the DeLorean's gullwing doors, my favorite thing about it was the tiny size of the car. I don't like how big vehicles handle, so the 3 is very much my style while the X is very much not. If you've never seen a DeLorean in real life, they are less than four feet tall, and about a FOOT shorter than a Model 3. Crazy. Sitting in one feels like putting a fishbowl around your head...

But, for me, I like a good small car with a great story. Turns out the Model 3 checks those same boxes, and will fit the kids, and be a heck of a lot faster!!

I have seen them in person and they are reaaaaly low. Love a smaller car as well so we plan to have one of each. Hanging out here waiting for our M3. The falcon doors on the X work really well but I am glad they are not on the M3 and hopefully not on the Y.

The Model 3 is supposed to be arrive at my local store/service center today, and I was planning on picking it up tomorrow. But I haven't heard from the ISA since Tuesday, when he left a voicemail with an update on a trade in question I had. I responded by email to that voicemail stating I decided not to trade my S. I also asked for a status update on scheduling delivery, with a follow-up sent on Wednesday. I do not have a pay button on MyTesla yet. I have a feeling I'm not taking delivery tomorrow.

I honestly don't mind if its delayed a few days -- but please at least give me the courtesy of an update so I can arrange my schedule next week...
Fingers crossed you get your car soon. I stopped by the Tempe service/delivery center last night. Every square inch outside and inside is packed with cars. Lots of model 3s. It must drive them crazy. I hope they will start delivery in Scottsdale again soon.

Fingers crossed you get your car soon. I stopped by the Tempe service/delivery center last night. Every square inch outside and inside is packed with cars. Lots of model 3s. It must drive them crazy. I hope they will start delivery in Scottsdale again soon.

I’m no longer in AZ... I stopped by my new store/service center in OH today and the car was not there (there were a handful of 3’s in the holding area...)

When I took delivery of my S, it was before Scottsdale Service was open. The car was delivered by UPS to my house...

Were the other people picking up with you first day reservation holders? I am trying to gauge how far along they are at the Tyson’s store.

No idea. I was in and out in like 20 minutes. Didnt really have a chance to talk to anyone but the delivery guy. They were definitely hopping. He was willing to let me take as long as i wanted, but you could see he was moving on to the next customer as soon as he could. No time to sit and chat with other owners.

I received mine yesterday in Santa Barbara, I had a fine experience. I spent 1 hour examining the car and found only one defect. On the leading edge of the frunk lid almost on the inside there was a 1x4 mm chip in the paint to metal. It probably came from the detailing prior to delivery but just guessing. Anyway they promised to fix it and the whole delivery process was fine. They indicated they delivered 24 cars that day.! Impressive!!

I received mine yesterday in Santa Barbara, I had a fine experience. I spent 1 hour examining the car and found only one defect. On the leading edge of the frunk lid almost on the inside there was a 1x4 mm chip in the paint to metal. It probably came from the detailing prior to delivery but just guessing. Anyway they promised to fix it and the whole delivery process was fine. They indicated they delivered 24 cars that day.! Impressive!!

24 in one day? That's good news, I indicated Santa Barbara as my delivery location. Not a day 1 line waiter though, so I'm wondering how many are ahead of me.

update:
4/3/16 rea
8/21/18 IDA contact
8/23/18 I requested and was given the VIN for loan processing. At the bank they said the vin didn’t work yet but they allowed me to finish appl
Tony, would you elaborate? I am in precisely the same position My loan commitment expires on Wednesday w/o MVPA (VIN). Was there pushback? My reservation was 9/3/17 and config 6/28. From Tesla's own guidance I'll take delivery in Oct, meaning I should be getting a vin and MVPA most any time now anyway.

4 days ago I went to the credit union to get an approval of my loan that I could send to my delivery advisor. The loan officer said they could not complete the application without a VIN. I called tesla, explained my situation and the nice lady put me on hold and quickly came back giving me my VIN over the phone. By the way, I had emailed my delivery advisor the same thing and she also emailed me my vin an hour or so later.

And another update:

Today my advisor emailed me my scheduled delivery date!
Delivery scheduled: Sept 22.
Although that is one of the later delivery dates I’ve seen so far, I still couldn’t be happier. Even though I’ll have to skip some
Classes to make that date, there’s no way I could post-pone the delivery any further

Reactions: DR61
Interesting development today... I had modified my LR-AWD order to include white seats (requested change on July 28, took them until August 7 to make change), which changed my estimated delivery window from Sept-Nov, to Oct-Dec.

But in looking at it TODAY, my estimated delivery window has moved back to Sept-Nov!!! A good sign for LR-AWD, white seats with 19" wheels movement???

update:
4/3/16 rea
8/21/18 IDA contact
8/23/18 I requested and was given the VIN for loan processing. At the bank they said the vin didn’t work yet but they allowed me to finish appl

4 days ago I went to the credit union to get an approval of my loan that I could send to my delivery advisor. The loan officer said they could not complete the application without a VIN. I called tesla, explained my situation and the nice lady put me on hold and quickly came back giving me my VIN over the phone. By the way, I had emailed my delivery advisor the same thing and she also emailed me my vin an hour or so later.

And another update:

Today my advisor emailed me my scheduled delivery date!
Delivery scheduled: Sept 22.
Although that is one of the later delivery dates I’ve seen so far, I still couldn’t be happier. Even though I’ll have to skip some
Classes to make that date, there’s no way I could post-pone the delivery any further
I was told not only VIN but final MVPA as well. Having the purchase agreement presupposes the VIN. And, you are about a month out from VIN->driveway. Pretty much what I was also told and you're only 2 states away, right? regardless...congrats on the new wheels!

Reactions: tony b