Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered- very first minute available online
configured 6/27
original delivery window- september - november
delivery scheduled 8/23 (delayed due to car not on premises)
delivery taken 8/29
dual motor/red/19" wheels/black interior/ paramus NJ

(with only one small exception) absolutely no issues with the process- trade-in, partial bank financing, delivery experience
they didn't call me when the first delivery was postponed, i called them to confirm and that's when i found out. no big deal
even got the die cast model 3 :)

When everyone post, will you put your original reservation date and configure date? This will help everyone know if you ordered ahead or behind everyone .

Summary here:
upload_2018-8-29_17-53-17.png

upload_2018-8-29_17-56-0.png

Please update your info in the tracker - thanks!

• Helpful
Reactions: abasile
ordered- very first minute available online
configured 6/27
original delivery window- september - november
delivery scheduled 8/23 (delayed due to car not on premises)
delivery taken 8/29
dual motor/red/19" wheels/black interior/ paramus NJ

(with only one small exception) absolutely no issues with the process- trade-in, partial bank financing, delivery experience
they didn't call me when the first delivery was postponed, i called them to confirm and that's when i found out. no big deal
even got the die cast model 3 :)

Lucky you!

Exact same configuration here in NJ, I reserved 7/2017, configured 6/27 - still waiting.......

Super new to forums. dont know how to do a lot of basic stuff and outside of not using CAPS, am unfamiliar with etiquette so sorry in advance if i do something wrong. would like to put in my order details as a signature but dont know how to. couple of other concerns and thanks to those who responded to my previous questions.

outside of when I dropped my $1000, I have gotten no emails nor newsletters from Tesla since Oct 2017, is that normal? Also am i correct in assuming $1000 was for reservation and $2500 would be my order date?

Super new to forums. dont know how to do a lot of basic stuff and outside of not using CAPS, am unfamiliar with etiquette so sorry in advance if i do something wrong. would like to put in my order details as a signature but dont know how to. couple of other concerns and thanks to those who responded to my previous questions.

outside of when I dropped my $1000, I have gotten no emails nor newsletters from Tesla since Oct 2017, is that normal? Also am i correct in assuming $1000 was for reservation and $2500 would be my order date?

At this point it’s not normal. Ordering is open now for all no reservation required. Go on Tesla.com with your login credentials and you’ll be able to place your order pay the additional 2,500 and get the ball moving.

At this point it’s not normal. Ordering is open now for all no reservation required. Go on Tesla.com with your login credentials and you’ll be able to place your order pay the additional 2,500 and get the ball moving.

i did that on 7/26 and my overview has order and prepare for delivery checked. my account email is accurate. dont know why ive never received any newsletters even though they did confirm my initial payment

i did that on 7/26 and my overview has order and prepare for delivery checked. my account email is accurate. dont know why ive never received any newsletters even though they did confirm my initial payment

What newsletter do you think you will be getting?

Many here have been waiting quite a bit longer and no we don’t get updates from Tesla.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
WOW - ordered mine August 5th (not on wait list). Got a call saying my car will be ready for pickup around Sept 6th! It's a AWD midnight silver with white interior.

I can only console myself with this punch to the nutsack with the fact that you ordered the second ugliest color the model 3 is available in.

Enjoy your new car that you didn’t have to wait 30 months for.

What newsletter do you think you will be getting?

Many here have been waiting quite a bit longer and no we don’t get updates from Tesla.

i think when i first created the account when i put down my $1000, it had something about getting correspondence and newsletters from Tesla. Maybe there is no newsletter, but I would have thought when the AWD option became available, there might have been an email to people who had put down the $1000 that the option was available. I put down the $2500 and configured my vehicle because I heard from someone that you didnt need the reservation to do that. Otherwise I might still be waiting for an invitation.

I had a few, generic emails after I reserved Jan. 2018, but nothing since then. No cause for alarm. All you need to know Elon tweets (and more!) :confused:

• Funny
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
stupid question but i have more where this comes from, How did everyone who wanted AWD know that anyone with or without a reservation could order one back in June by paying the $2500 and placing order. I didnt think I had a chance of getting one until about 2 years from when I made the $1000 deposit and I am amazed that I have a decent chance of getting one and getting the tax credit this year.

stupid question but i have more where this comes from, How did everyone who wanted AWD know that anyone with or without a reservation could order one back in June by paying the $2500 and placing order. I didnt think I had a chance of getting one until about 2 years from when I made the $1000 deposit and I am amazed that I have a decent chance of getting one and getting the tax credit this year.

Tesla does occasionally do little blurbs about things like "oh, by the way, all you unwashed masses can now order the car, and with AWD".

If you've literally gotten zero correspondence from them then you might check your spam filter.

Generally though Tesla are kind of terrible about communication.