Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stupid question but i have more where this comes from, How did everyone who wanted AWD know that anyone with or without a reservation could order one back in June by paying the $2500 and placing order. I didnt think I had a chance of getting one until about 2 years from when I made the $1000 deposit and I am amazed that I have a decent chance of getting one and getting the tax credit this year.

Unfortunately at this point its just a waiting game. The portal with give you estimated time frame but for AWD its a two month window. You probably have Sept - November for when you placed your order.

My delivery advisor called me before I saw any email for delivery. Taking delivery Sept 17th.

This entire thread

giphy.gif

For those that got the email regarding setting up delivery, how good are your IDA at getting back to you its been several days since the initial email, and I emailed right away when I got it and left a voicemail and still radio silence.

I also emailed my IDA within the hour. He tried calling me the next day, but I wasn't able to pickup at the time. He left a message asking me to call (or email) him back to setup the delivery. Now It doesn't matter what time I call my IDA, it goes straight to voicemail. He hasn't replied back to my emails either.

My question is... do all voice calls to IDAs go straight to voicemail?

Then once again you are factually wrong while also completely not understanding the actual problem being described

Which makes me really glad you're not one of the software engineers I work with daily- who unlike you actually listen to the problem described.

Not sure how that's relevant Wayne.

Then again literally nothing you've said about this has been relevant.

The DA agrees it's entirely software

But also states he can not add FSD to an already built car without reassigning the VIN.

Hell, I quoted him doing both directly to you in the last post.

Repeatedly telling him he's stupid won't change the fact he refuses to do anything other than what he stated.

If you have an actual solution that demonstrates you finally understand the actual problem that'd be great.

My hopes aren't especially high in that regard based on your previous posts however.

@Knightshade, @dave999z, @arcanexvi - latest update: my IDA responded this evening and tesla.com followed up about a minute ago (see attachment): FSD has been added to my same VIN #; IDA will send the updated MSRP (Window sticker) tomorrow. It can be done successfully - ignore the FUD out there.
Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.49.38 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.49.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.49.38 PM.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 69
You guys read about the change in back glass? How new models (picked up in August maybe a bit earlier) only the top glass has the orange look to it when wet and the back part does not, older models had both turn orange, people worried that its missing IR blocking possibly but hasn’t been confirmed. I’m picking mine up tomorrow morning.

This is also my sobering realization... Was hoping for a September delivery because I ordered so quickly. I think we are in Tesla's awkward, teenage years. Beyond the pimples, it'll mature into a strong, intelligent, smooth operation... "it's just a phase".

You have my exact configuration, reserved 4 days after me and ordered 2 days before me. Here’s hoping we are both contacted soon!

• Love
Reactions: Ron Kerensky
@Knightshade, @dave999z, @arcanexvi - latest update: my IDA responded this evening and tesla.com followed up about a minute ago (see attachment): FSD has been added to my same VIN #; IDA will send the updated MSRP (Window sticker) tomorrow. It can be done successfully - ignore the FUD out there.
View attachment 330218

I'm not sure how people keep being confused about this.

What I'm saying isn't FUD.

It's not a rumor.

My IDA literally said no to doing this.

Repeatedly.

Even after agreeing it's "just software"

I even quoted his exact words from his email saying so.

I tried submitting some feedback at tesla.com a week ago asking them to confirm if they could override him and never got a reply from anybody there at all.

If someone has a better email to escalate let me know.

Otherwise as I said I'm going to hope the actual DC can do better whenever I get put in touch with them about scheduled delivery date- because the IDA, mine at least, is a complete and utter dead end regarding getting this done.

I'm not sure how people keep being confused about this.

What I'm saying isn't FUD.

It's not a rumor.

My IDA literally said no to doing this.

Repeatedly.

Even after agreeing it's "just software"

I even quoted his exact words from his email saying so.

I tried submitting some feedback at tesla.com a week ago asking them to confirm if they could override him and never got a reply from anybody there at all.

If someone has a better email to escalate let me know.

Otherwise as I said I'm going to hope the actual DC can do better whenever I get put in touch with them about scheduled delivery date- because the IDA, mine at least, is a complete and utter dead end regarding getting this done.
I bet you’re a real hit at parties.