Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean giving your account and routing number to the vendor and letting them pull an ACH transaction, just like you would to pay a credit card bill. Tesla asks for the details to do the transaction. I don't know why people get weird about giving their account and routing number to banks, credit cards, car dealers, etc. The information is right on a check anyway.
Thanks, now you mention that, I do that with Feds and State for taxes. Ya know, it didn't occur to me as I was thinking push, not pull. Agn, tnx!

Amen. Hopefully the car I'm getting is not a turd someone else turned away. I plan on going over that sucker pretty carefully when I pick it up.

Oh, and here's one last GIF (hopefully) for the road;

giphy.gif

Please continue the nut punch gifs for me.

Reactions: voip-ninja
That's what I thought. They ask for reservation number at check-in. Which means most of these people have locked prices since at least June predating price updates. This is a bait and switch offer.

Aside from that, and the fact that my exact config was not available, the whole procedure is utter chaos. Some people are instructed to write down car vins they want. Others are told to grab the tags forom front mirrors. So you do not really know what cars are spoken for. And the lot is not that big to satisfy the crowds wandering around. Looks like a regular dealer event who are used to service five customers a day and which of course doesn't work.

Which is all ok if they explained that upfront. Now I have lost my Saturday morning and I am frankly a bit insulted by their lack of respect for my time.

You are thinking, they are a great company. People rave about their products. Their product lineage is unique. Investors line up to invest. What's not to like.

And then they do something like this.

Then the story repeats again.

I was at the Fremont event today too. As I expected, it was a madhouse. I'm disappointed, but I'm trying to see the positives in this.To that end, I see this as Tesla was trying something different to make things happen sooner. The invitation was very lacking in details and expectations were skewed for sure. I am not faulting anyone from expressing frustrations with this event. This event frustrated me too.

They did not have a car with my configuration so I left without a car. Yet, I still feel it was an "opportunity" to get what I wanted (like the email stated). Maybe if I had shown up earlier, I could have found my car. Unfortunately, prior commitments prevented me from arriving before noon.

Instead, It was like a dealership with a lot. I had the option for something in stock and changing my mind right there (which was not indicated in the email/invitation). Considering what I have seen in this forum, I think many people would have jumped at a chance for their second or third choice car if they could get it earlier. I'm not going to lie, I was very tempted to change my mind for what was available too. In the end I decided I have waited 2 years and 5 months already; I should get what I really want.

I sat in a White on While AWD. I sat in the Blue on White AWD. These were my 2nd and 3rd choices. They had performance and Long Range (non-AWD) cars on the lot as well, but my first choice was a MSM, Black interior, AWD with 18" rims. (I will be swapping out my rims for 18" turbines from EV Rims. See below.)

As a consolation for showing up and not having my configuration, they bumped me up in priority. Instead this turned into an opportunity to get my first choice in 2 weeks. My new pickup is 9:45am Sat September 22nd. I could complain, but I won't.

I'm not defending Tesla. Expectations were NOT clear. I am a bit frustrated, but if I focus on the positives, I am getting what I want a little bit sooner. Life is too short to be bitter about first world problems like this.

Attachments

• IMG_2820.jpg
    IMG_2820.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 97
I was at the Fremont event today too. As I expected, it was a madhouse. I'm disappointed, but I'm trying to see the positives in this.To that end, I see this as Tesla was trying something different to make things happen sooner. The invitation was very lacking in details and expectations were skewed for sure. I am not faulting anyone from expressing frustrations with this event. This event frustrated me too.

They did not have a car with my configuration so I left without a car. Yet, I still feel it was an "opportunity" to get what I wanted (like the email stated). Maybe if I had shown up earlier, I could have found my car. Unfortunately, prior commitments prevented me from arriving before noon.

Instead, It was like a dealership with a lot. I had the option for something in stock and changing my mind right there (which was not indicated in the email/invitation). Considering what I have seen in this forum, I think many people would have jumped at a chance for their second or third choice car if they could get it earlier. I'm not going to lie, I was very tempted to change my mind for what was available too. In the end I decided I have waited 2 years and 5 months already; I should get what I really want.

I sat in a White on While AWD. I sat in the Blue on White AWD. These were my 2nd and 3rd choices. They had performance and Long Range (non-AWD) cars on the lot as well, but my first choice was a MSM, Black interior, AWD with 18" rims. (I will be swapping out my rims for 18" turbines from EV Rims. See below.)

As a consolation for showing up and not having my configuration, they bumped me up in priority. Instead this turned into an opportunity to get my first choice in 2 weeks. My new pickup is 9:45am Sat September 22nd. I could complain, but I won't.

I'm not defending Tesla. Expectations were NOT clear. I am a bit frustrated, but if I focus on the positives, I am getting what I want a little bit sooner. Life is too short to be bitter about first world problems like this.

I like the turbines! Where did you get them? I can’t seem to find them.

Are those the 18 Matte Black from T-sportline? I know you said EV. Are they the same rim? What tires (size) are you going to put on them?

It’s worse than just that. People expect time off during the Thanksgiving/ChristmasNew-Year holiday trifecta.

My hunch is that won’t be that much an issue. I think this is a unique transition period for Tesla and I would hope they are paid/rewarded accordingly during this sprint.

Now if it was year in and out like this, then it would be a problem.

BTW, are the cables proprietary? I mean, can I substitute my own cable? I think I saw that the cable requires a 90° elbow. Anybody confirm? Thx.
I believe you are correct. When I was up at the Dedham store I tried my phone on the usb-c connector, perfectly seated. Go to The Official Tesla Shop | Tesla or go into tesla.com and select shop and you can find them..eventually. Unlike a cable that comes with the phone, it is MUCH smaller and does, as you say, have a 90 degree bend, presumably to seat properly in the opening and not simply be pushed out of the way when you seat your phone. My 'other' phone is an iPhone 4s and has a connector that is..1 1/2" - 2" so there is no way I can use it. I'm guessing those with Apple phones likely have to be 7 or above. Fortunately my new phone is Pixel2 XL (usb-c).