Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a related note, while I had my VIN assigned 7 days prior, my MVPA is still the generic one listing my RN. I imagine the the final MVPA with the VIN doesn't come across until closer to delivery when there is higher confidence the vehicle will make it there on time. I assume this lets them swap out VINs more easily as needed for logistics.

My final MVPA showed up the minute I ACH'ed the remaining balance to Tesla. I think its in the system somewhere ahead of time, but only gets released to you when they want to release it.

No I just check my account 20 times a d....I mean every once in a while, you know not obsessively or anything...and happened to notice the VIN was listed right under my RN on the right side of the page. It happened seven days prior to my scheduled delivery date, not quite to the hour, but to the day.

Did it show your delivery date as well? I asked my IDA to confirm my delivery date of 9/24 and haven’t heard back from him in 7 days. Today my VIN showed up under my RN....which is 7 days before the 24th...but my Tesla account still just says estimated delivery by late September and doesn’t show 9/24

Did it show your delivery date as well? I asked my IDA to confirm my delivery date of 9/24 and haven’t heard back from him in 7 days. Today my VIN showed up under my RN....which is 7 days before the 24th...but my Tesla account still just says estimated delivery by late September and doesn’t show 9/24

Yes, I saw my appointment confirmed the same day I received my scheduling email and long before I received my VIN. It will show up in place of that estimated window. I recommend calling your store to see if they have you on the schedule.

Just as an aside to this thread, I have seen two red, one white dual motor Model 3s show up in the large parking garage where I work in the past four business days.

Considering that this is a tiny slice of the overall Denver market it seems as though deliveries have started accelerating here locally where the overwhelming majority of buyers will not even contemplate getting a RWD car.

I'm curious: how do you know they are AWD? I thought they were out of badges? You checked their VINs?

• Disagree
Reactions: xyeahtony
I'm curious: how do you know they are AWD? I thought they were out of badges? You checked their VINs?

It would be more attributable to nobody in Denver wanting to be caught dead with a rear wheel drive car and the fact that all three of these cars showed up in just the last couple of weeks, right when dual motor deliveries started in earnest.

Perhaps though I'll surveil (can you believe auto correct is trying to tell me that's not a real word?) those cars this week and be a sneaky ninja to get their VINs.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Several people have been told that the website has been coded to only show the VIN within 7 days of your delivery date, so if your date gets pushed back then the VIN disappears.

Insert usual disclaimers about customer service people knowing what they're talking about here...

I contacted the helpful person at the local delivery center and he told me that the VIN has not changed, however he could not tell me why it had been removed from my reservation. He also couldn't tell me anything about the disposition beyond "delays happen".

Another week won't kill me. Good thing I didn't assume they would execute and kept my other car for an extra couple of weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
My final MVPA showed up the minute I ACH'ed the remaining balance to Tesla. I think its in the system somewhere ahead of time, but only gets released to you when they want to release it.

I needed a signed MVPA for my loan. I asked my DA and he submitted a request to get it signed, which kicked off an automated process for my wife and I to digitally sign the paper work and then Tesla emailed the final signed copy to me. Seemed like a pretty straight forward process. I am scheduled to pick up the car 9/25.

Cash, no trade-in.
9/6 - Delivery email. Responded shortly after with preferred time.
9/7 - Online delivery section updated from Sept - November to my actual deliver date and time.
9/7 - Received follow-up email confirming delivery scheduled for 9/22.
Since then, no VIN, changes to my account, or communication.

Spoke with a very friendly associate at my local delivery center (San Diego) today. Said VIN should show up online 3-5 days in advance of delivery, so anytime from now through Wednesday 9/19 is "normal." Final MVPA likely will appear online 24 hours in advance.

The associate stated they were "extremely" busy, but followed that up with "which is a good thing because Tesla is doing something right." Not sure if it meant anything, but I told him "thank you" and that we were all very excited.

Put my mind at ease. Maybe I will stop refreshing my account until Wednesday. Oh who am I kidding? ...refresh...refresh...refresh...

• Funny
I just got an email scheduling my delivery which is about a month earlier than I expected based on others experiences. They must be really trying to drive Q3 deliveries. Details below.

Day 2 reservation
Model X owner (I know that doesn't matter)
8/15 Ordered Blue, black interior, AWD, no EAP
Denver, CO - delivery set up for home delivery but I suspect we will be asked to drive to Littleton delivery center which is 10 miles away.

Reactions: tony b
I wanted green which they don't make so I bought black and will turn it green one day.
Hey! I thought about doing that exact thing too! But... I've been overruled by the spousal unit.

I can't answer that (referring to hiding the VIN) I can only say I did it because I am unaware of the risk and on the flip side see zero benefit to others of knowing my VIN down to the hundreds or even the tens digit. Why take a potential risk for no reward?
Indeed. Zero benefit of others knowing... and zero risk of others knowing. It just seems so odd. The VIN describes the car. No personal information about ownership or anything other than... the car that's sitting right there. Potential risk for no reward? There is no risk nor reward.

Same here, my delivery is in 9 days and I haven’t heard from anyone yet. I’m still playing the patient game for a few more days. It’s soooooo hard tho....
Six days for me... and zero information.

People need to stop with the gross paranoia. I am confident all cars destined for non-west coast deliveries go through Chicago. From there they, likely the entire car they are on, get switched to trains going to Boston, DC, Florida etc.
And yet some of us are on the West coast having the same issues. In fact some of us are trying to take delivery at Fremont where ZERO shipping is required. So call it paranoia if you want... but understand that you don't speak for the whole country.

Received email for Oct 1-8 delivery
No VIN

Reservation - 04/07/2016
Configuration - 07/24/2018
Model 3 LR AWD Red/Black Aero Wheels.
Delivery - SoCal
After 11 days of no communication received another email from a different person saying Sept 28 or Sept 29 delivery please confirm preferred date and time. Both times Delivery Scheduling Advisor, but different person and email content is also worded differently. More details this time regarding the process.