Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of weeks ago I received a email that my car was scheduled for delivery at Mt. Kisco, NY, on September 25 at 5:30pm. There is still no VIN in my account. Likewise, I want to arrange for home delivery since I am 200 miles away. I have called Mt. Kisco 10 times, but no return call. All seems sketchy. I guess all I can do is sit and wait and hope for the best. Has anyone had a home delivery through Mt. Kisco? And should I expect a VIN at least a few days before delivery?

• Forum member since 2007 (old enough to know that Elon is Tesla's 3rd CEO)
  • Day 1 Reservation (mid-afternoon, pre-reveal)
  • Could have ordered April 6, waited for AWD
  • AWD order placed June 26
  • Delivery scheduled for September 15
No VIN, blue, black interior, 18" wheels, EAP

Update: Received car on Saturday with only a 30-minute delay, though there was some minor drama with untimely days off for my delivery person. As far as the car goes, the only problem was that EAP wasn't activated and the service techs there don't work Saturday so I had to wait until Monday morning for them to activate it over-the-air. No dual-motor badge either but apparently no cars in Minnesota have that yet. Quality issues are trivial: seam is cosmetically imperfect around the glass roof and the fabric just below the windshield has some small wrinkles.

No regrets about "settling" for non-performance AWD: it's fast, more than I can use in most situations.

Update: Received car on Saturday with only a 30-minute delay, though there was some minor drama with untimely days off for my delivery person. As far as the car goes, the only problem was that EAP wasn't activated and the service techs there don't work Saturday so I had to wait until Monday morning for them to activate it over-the-air. No dual-motor badge either but apparently no cars in Minnesota have that yet. Quality issues are trivial: seam is cosmetically imperfect around the glass roof and the fabric just below the windshield has some small wrinkles.

No regrets about "settling" for non-performance AWD: it's fast, more than I can use in most situations.

How are you able to tell if EAP is active at delivery? Doesn't it need to calibrate first? Is the option simply grayed out in the settings if it thinks you don't have it?

Reactions: jkirkwood001
So...I just got a call for delivery! But weird...

I literally ordered the car two weeks ago....on September 6 for a RWD, updated to AWD on September 12, and call for delivery on September 17!

Crazy right? This is a “re-order”, since I did get a RWD model 3 in June that Tesla is buying back, but they said that I had to order a new one and get in line, especially since I switched to AWD. But this is super fast....

Red, AWD (non-P), Black interior, sport wheels, EAP.

Reactions: tony b
How are you able to tell if EAP is active at delivery? Doesn't it need to calibrate first? Is the option simply grayed out in the settings if it thinks you don't have it?
It needs to calibrate for it to work but if you have the feature, it'll be available to configure in the settings. Note that it calibrates even if you don't have it enabled, so when my car got the OTA config change, it was immediately available.

• Informative
Reactions: ConcordeSST

I literally ordered the car two weeks ago....on September 6 for a RWD, updated to AWD on September 12, and call for delivery on September 17!

Crazy right? This is a “re-order”, since I did get a RWD model 3 in June that Tesla is buying back, but they said that I had to order a new one and get in line, especially since I switched to AWD. But this is super fast....

Are you sure you will get an AWD?

giphy.gif

Guys I just logged into my Tesla account and my payment method went from gray to yellow asking for my third party loan information. I haven’t received any emails at all from Tesla. I just ordered AWD non-p, red, 19”, EAP a week ago on Sept 10. Could this mean I should expect something soon?

Guys I just logged into my Tesla account and my payment method went from gray to yellow asking for my third party loan information. I haven’t received any emails at all from Tesla. I just ordered AWD non-p, red, 19”, EAP a week ago on Sept 10. Could this mean I should expect something soon?
Congrats I ordered 82 days ago and not a peep. Enjoy your car.

• Love
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
It would be more attributable to nobody in Denver wanting to be caught dead with a rear wheel drive car and the fact that all three of these cars showed up in just the last couple of weeks, right when dual motor deliveries started in earnest.

Perhaps though I'll surveil (can you believe auto correct is trying to tell me that's not a real word?) those cars this week and be a sneaky ninja to get their VINs.

You live in Denver and you know French?? (Fr. "surveiller" = Eng. observe)
;)

GO sneaky-ninja!

• Funny
Reactions: voip-ninja