Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep checking everyday to see if they'll add my appointment to the online account, but still nothing. I received a 2nd confirmation on 9/11 for m delivery date of 9/28 too. :(
Don't worry man. I scheduled the delivery day on 9/6 and only finally today I got the update in my account. They probably have some kind of internal spreadsheet/airtable that they're watching so you should be in there. It also seems like the Fremont deliveries are less of a *sugar* show compared to the rest of the country since the factory is right here. Good luck!

Cash, no trade-in.
9/6 - Delivery email. Responded shortly after with preferred time.
9/7 - Online delivery section updated from Sept - November to my actual deliver date and time.
9/7 - Received follow-up email confirming delivery scheduled for 9/22.
Since then, no VIN, changes to my account, or communication.

Spoke with a very friendly associate at my local delivery center (San Diego) today. Said VIN should show up online 3-5 days in advance of delivery, so anytime from now through Wednesday 9/19 is "normal." Final MVPA likely will appear online 24 hours in advance.

The associate stated they were "extremely" busy, but followed that up with "which is a good thing because Tesla is doing something right." Not sure if it meant anything, but I told him "thank you" and that we were all very excited.

Put my mind at ease. Maybe I will stop refreshing my account until Wednesday. Oh who am I kidding? ...refresh...refresh...refresh...
Wh
It's finally happening!

Got a delivery date of 9/24 after attending the delivery event in Fremont last week. Small world, was assisted on site by my original ISA who helped me switch to AWD over the phone back in June.

Account was updated about two days later with same info showing 9/24 delivery date and Kato Road address for pickup and receive e-mail from original ISA.

On Friday, my ISA reached out to say they were reviewing my account and asked to upload new insurance policy info which had expired.

Uploaded current policy info and got a reply few minutes later asking me to login and confirm all of the info on my account one last time.

Noticed the delivery address now showed Fremont Delivery center instead of Kato Road address.

Immediately followed up with new ISA and asked for confirmation. Got response back few minutes later and confirmed the address had been updated. Also followed up with original ISA who also responded to confirm.

After confirming everything on Friday my account status changed to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery".

Logged in yesterday to see that MVPA is now finalized and I have VIN 1006xx !!!

Got to say I have been pretty happy with level of service received so far. I know not everyone has had such luck. Hoping my luck does not run out for delivery.

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Red Multi-Coat Paint
19’’ Sport Wheels
Premium Interior
Premium White
Enhanced Autopilot
Just got my delivery date in Chicago for White, AWD, black interior, 19"
Sept 27.
Hello, are you a previous owner and if not when was your order date?

So weird! I asked to see if there was any commonality.

My personal believe is it's because there isn't a delivery center within 200 miles of me, and they're assuming home delivery to the midwest and I'm not getting matched to cars that may or may not going through KC or Minneapolis... I could have sworn on one of the forums I saw a guy take delivery of my exact config with a much later reservation and configuration date out of Minneapolis and the only way I can rationalize it is I'm not assigned to any of those delivery centers for matching...

But that's all just hypothesis.

I've kind of just decided I'm going to wait until after 10/1 when the big end of Q push is done and try calling the main line again, if I get the same run around, I'll call either KC or Minneapolis and see what insight they can give as far as if I'm assigned to their delivery center or what the deal might be.

Yikes, all these delays are making me nervous for my pickup on Saturday.
You should want your delivery location to carefully inspect your car, fix any found flaws and run the numbers such that when you arrive the car is ready, washed/waxed etc. The day before, assuming you hear nothing prior, call the delivery location, explain you have a scheduled pickup the following day and ask if they are ready for you. Don't ask the West Coast, delivery advisor, ask the delivery team where you are picking up your car.

As an example, in my case, the delivery location is over a 2 hr drive. You can bet I won't make that trip unless and until they are ready to hand over the car and the car is ready to be handed over. I do not want to be the one finding scratches, dents, or damage. Neither, I suspect, should you.

First time posting here, just to vent I guess...

Reserved: 4/2/16
Config/ordered: 6/27/18

AWD SM Sport 19' no EAP

Nothing, no contact from Tesla... No help when I called, just have to wait until someone calls me...
I feel you, it feels particularly crappy when people with no reservations, go out and configure a car get a call before us.

I should add that I was told all cars that are supposed to be headed to MN are being delayed. So apparently there's a lot more MN people out there in my same situation. Did anyone else get a similar call?

I'm in MN and was scheduled to receive my P3D+ on Friday 9/21. Got a call yesterday that it's going now to be delayed until 10/10. I wasn't happy! From a logistics perspective, I don't understand how they could have dropped the ball so bad on this type of scheduling. I can understand a day or two, but 3 weeks??

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I'm in MN and was scheduled to receive my P3D+ on Friday 9/21. Got a call yesterday that it's going now to be delayed until 10/10. I wasn't happy! From a logistics perspective, I don't understand how they could have dropped the ball so bad on this type of scheduling. I can understand a day or two, but 3 weeks??
Silver Lining Playbook...It's still Sept->Nov. Imagine the heartbreak for a Nov->Jan that slides from month 2 to month 3.
Life lesson: No matter how bad you think you have it, someone else has it worse...except for 1 person.

Silver Lining Playbook...It's still Sept->Nov. Imagine the heartbreak for a Nov->Jan that slides from month 2 to month 3.
Life lesson: No matter how bad you think you have it, someone else has it worse...except for 1 person.

Good perspective. After all, we're frustrated our 60K cars being delayed in the age of 2-day prime. Assuming you're not over-extending yourself, you're probably in a pretty good place. Chill, you're living on Tesla time.