Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still haven’t seen any proof of that software push, though. It’s all “the sticker said AWD even though I got a P they must’ve software flashed it” combined with Tesla employees speaking out their rear ends without actually knowing anything.

So 3 different members (that I found in 5 minutes, I'm sure there's more) who all confirm it's a software push- having nothing at all to do with the sticker isn't enough proof for you?

I ordered a Performance 3. The car at delivery was an AWD.

Owner confirms they got a NON P AWD (no red underline on display) despite ordering and paying for P.

30 minute software flash later it's a P with the red underline and matching performance.

That's not somebody reading the window sticker wrong. That's an AWD that was software flashed to be a P.

Different poster, different location- also bought a P that wasn't a P, when they contacted Tesla they were told to bring it in for a software update to correct that.

Third poster, different location- also bought a P that wasn't a P... and was then upgraded on-site to a P with software.

And here's another dude in yet another location reporting same (though not from this board)

https://i.redd.it/bl72va7hy3n11.jpg

Pretty sure there's been other such reports too if you care to look for them.

• Informative
Reactions: engle and abasile
Spoke to Tesla yesterday to see what the deal was my pre-approval loan has 15 days left, and she said someone will contact me through email in 24-48hrs with more info about when I may get a car/VIN. Anyone have this reply from them before?
Yes, same reply for last 5- 7 days. In fact, yesterday they told me my delivery advisor will contact me within 30-45 Minutes. I just called for follow up , this time they said someone will contact me within 24-48hrs for the update. Terrific communication from Tesla.;)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
So I just got confirmation that my car is ready to take delivery this week, VIN 91,xxx.

Has anyone confirmed if this means I'm getting a car that has been sitting for a long time? Because it looks like we're in the hundred thousands now...or is this not true?

Not true. They jump around on VINs. I have a 91XXX on the way from Fremont and it was just built.

Let me know how the fit and finish of the car is!

Updated data point:

reserved - 2016.03.31 line waiter
2018.07.21 - configured
2018.09.25 text bonanza begins
2018.09.26 through 28
(multiple texts, emails, calls,
account updated to allow financial info,
IDA initial contact)
2018.09.28 hopes and dreams crushed via text
2018.10.02 emailed IDA and received updated MVPA/VIN
(hopes and dreams resurrected!)

VIN 116XXX

Reactions: S5S5G6
People keep saying that VIN#s aren't in order, but the later people have ordered it seems their numbers are higher. I was an early reservation holder and my VIN is in the low 60XXXs (I haven't received it yet). It also makes me nervous that I have such a low number despite people continuing to say it doesn't matter because they're not in order....

People keep saying that VIN#s aren't in order, but the later people have ordered it seems their numbers are higher. I was an early reservation holder and my VIN is in the low 60XXXs (I haven't received it yet). It also makes me nervous that I have such a low number despite people continuing to say it doesn't matter because they're not in order....

They not in order. Mine is 64xxx and was built in August 2018 and I took delivery September 2018. Other folks were getting VINs both much higher and lower, all built around the same time.

So I just got confirmation that my car is ready to take delivery this week, VIN 91,xxx.

Has anyone confirmed if this means I'm getting a car that has been sitting for a long time? Because it looks like we're in the hundred thousands now...or is this not true?
Check the build date, not the VIN to find out if the car has been sitting. It will be printed on the sticker in the driver's door sill. My car is a 93XXX number, built in September.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I'm willing to bet that your VIN will change. That is a pretty low number.

So 3 different members (that I found in 5 minutes, I'm sure there's more) who all confirm it's a software push- having nothing at all to do with the sticker isn't enough proof for you?

Owner confirms they got a NON P AWD (no red underline on display) despite ordering and paying for P.

30 minute software flash later it's a P with the red underline and matching performance.

That's not somebody reading the window sticker wrong. That's an AWD that was software flashed to be a P.

Different poster, different location- also bought a P that wasn't a P, when they contacted Tesla they were told to bring it in for a software update to correct that.

Third poster, different location- also bought a P that wasn't a P... and was then upgraded on-site to a P with software.

And here's another dude in yet another location reporting same (though not from this board)

https://i.redd.it/bl72va7hy3n11.jpg

Pretty sure there's been other such reports too if you care to look for them.

Maybe it is just a flash. Does it matter? Flash makes it faster and either way these motors are very reliable. He could probably flash it again and get even more power out of it, but the more power it produces, the more likely it is to fail, the better chance they’ll have to replace it.

It’s been made pretty clear the drivetrains on these things are not designed to only go 120k miles. It wasn’t designed to break easy. If they flashed your car for P Performace, enjoy the extra power and don’t worry about whether it’s legit or not, it’s legit

Maybe it is just a flash. Does it matter? Flash makes it faster and either way these motors are very reliable. He could probably flash it again and get even more power out of it, but the more power it produces, the more likely it is to fail, the better chance they’ll have to replace it.

It’s been made pretty clear the drivetrains on these things are not designed to only go 120k miles. It wasn’t designed to break easy. If they flashed your car for P Performace, enjoy the extra power and don’t worry about whether it’s legit or not, it’s legit

What should the window sticker say if this was a P- from the start? I'd hate to get a AWD that was just flashed to P.