Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hadn't noticed until you guys mentioned but my price dropped 1000 too.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

ordered 10/18/18
email from IDA 10/24 with delivery date of 11/18
email from IDA 10/26 with delivery date of 11/08

However, I can't actually get my ida to reply to emails or calls. I dont have my VIN and the payment method is wrong :(

Can you share the link to this checklist?
Try going to the local service center... I scheduled a test drive and they gave me the VIN. I don’t even have a DA assigned.
Delivery scheduled for nov 19th

Introducing Tessie (named by the kids, after we've previously had Lexie, Beemer, and Hondy - you can guess what those cars were). The metallic blue really changes color depending on the weather. Everyone who's still stuck waiting, hang in there. It was worth the wait!

IMG_4112.jpg

Ordered: Thursday, 10/18
- Did this on my iPhone and even used Apple Pay to submit the $2,500 deposit!
Delivered: Today, Saturday 10/27 (Costa Mesa, CA)

Slight delivery snafu: One of the tire pressure sensors wasn't reporting information to the car. I didn't notice it until I was a few miles down the road... I U-turned it back to the delivery center and after 20 minutes, they sent me on my way with all four corners reporting tire pressure.

IMG_3333.JPG
IMG_3335.JPG

Slight delivery snafu: One of the tire pressure sensors wasn't reporting information to the car. I didn't notice it until I was a few miles down the road... I U-turned it back to the delivery center and after 20 minutes, they sent me on my way with all four corners reporting tire pressure.

View attachment 347632 View attachment 347633

Impressive....that’s same color and rims I’m getting.....car on a train coming east.....big advantage for local CA deliveries.

View attachment 347632 View attachment 347633

Love this color! It’s even better in person. Two of our neighbors have it. Only thing to make it better... white interior. ;)

Just found this thread... short turnaround seems to be a thing now! Nine days from order to car arriving at Tyson’s, picked up last Thursday, no issues at all except old firmware that updated to v9 the next day. Car will be GF’s commuter and we love it!

Forgot to add, looking at some of the other posts, we also got the $2000 reduction for the changes over the last couple of weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: cct3 and Rarity
Just found this thread... short turnaround seems to be a thing now! Nine days from order to car arriving at Tyson’s, picked up last Thursday, no issues at all except old firmware that updated to v9 the next day. Car will be GF’s commuter and we love it!

Forgot to add, looking at some of the other posts, we also got the $2000 reduction for the changes over the last couple of weeks.

What are the details of your order?

I ordered MSM, AWD, EAP, 18” Aeros, black interior, paying cash, on 8/23 with Rockville MD delivery and haven’t heard a peep aside from the false start at the end of the third quarter..!

Love this color! It’s even better in person. Two of our neighbors have it. Only thing to make it better... white interior. ;)

I just couldn't bring myself to do the white interior... I hike and mountain bike often so my car's gonna see some dirt. Yeah, I know, it's not real leather, it's easy to clean, but still... I admire those with the cajones big enough to go white :)

Home delivery this Sunday 10/28, vin 115xxx. White awd, 18".

10/14 order
10/21 schedule delivery
10/19 cancel and reorder for 1k price drop
10/24 another 1k price drop this time adjusted to current order.

So Cal, working with Buena Park and Costa Mesa.

Home delivery 10/28. No issues except a couple of smudges of dirt that was wiped buffed off. Came with license plate holders and red die cast car.

• Informative
Reactions: cct3 and Rarity
Haven’t see any other replies yet, as I’m catching up, but do NOT pay the higher price through the website. The MVPA ( with the lower price) is what you should go by. Bring a personal check. Hopefully this will save you about 1 1/2 hours of hold time ...

Ok but I cannot understand why my MVPA shows the $1k adjustment. Compared to the prices when I ordered on 6/30, nothing has decreased.

What are the details of your order?

I ordered MSM, AWD, EAP, 18” Aeros, black interior, paying cash, on 8/23 with Rockville MD delivery and haven’t heard a peep aside from the false start at the end of the third quarter..!
Good grief. Almost exactly like yours. Only other thing was 4/2/16 rez and current owner and also FSD (ordered before the FSD fiasco, but why would software matter...).

Only other factor is that I’m also a Tesla Energy client. Anyone think that matters? Serious question! Panels on the roof and have a res in for Powerwalls.

• Good grief. Almost exactly like yours. Only other thing was 4/2/16 rez and current owner and also FSD (ordered before the FSD fiasco, but why would software matter...).

Only other factor is that I’m also a Tesla Energy client. Anyone think that matters? Serious question! Panels on the roof and have a res in for Powerwalls.

Thanks for the update. I did not have a reservation prior so maybe that has something to do with it. I live in a condo, unfortunately no solar panels or power walls, figuring out the charging situation will be difficult enough!

I’ve been planning on adding FSD before delivery, I just wanted to make sure I’d get the full rebate with my trade in before I committed. Lesson is, I should have put the grand down years ago, but I do wish they were better at keeping us informed. I guess I’ll stop in the tesla store someday this week but I feel like I’m more informed than the majority of folks working there.

• Thanks for the update. I did not have a reservation prior so maybe that has something to do with it. I live in a condo, unfortunately no solar panels or power walls, figuring out the charging situation will be difficult enough!

I’ve been planning on adding FSD before delivery, I just wanted to make sure I’d get the full rebate with my trade in before I committed. Lesson is, I should have put the grand down years ago, but I do wish they were better at keeping us informed. I guess I’ll stop in the tesla store someday this week but I feel like I’m more informed than the majority of folks working there.
I first thought the cash was the reason it all processed so quick. Now I’m thinking it may have been the Energy side which was a suggestion from my GF. :D The car had to have been already at Tyson’s or on the way, of course, but all the other AWD orders I’m reading about that are so delayed are a puzzle.

Perhaps the combo of an early rez to get off the books (not that they couldn’t use the money anyway) and a TE customer? Or it’s all random.

Hope yours gets moving!

Just place order online Oct 26, estimated delivery Dec... but i am located in Maui...I now that's s...
Total Vehicle Price
$58,700.00
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive -
Black and White Premium Interior $1,000.00
Pearl White Multi-Coat $2,000.00
Premium Interior -
19’’ Sport Wheels $1,500.00
Model 3 $35,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive $18,000.00
Destination Fee $1,125.00
Documentation Fee $75.00
Taxes & Fees
$2,920.44
Payments
-$2,500.00
Est. Amount Due:
$59,120.44

By the way I cannot find the horsepower estimated for this model AWD LR? I saw it only estimated for the performance model. Thx