Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiousity, why do people ask/post about VIN numbers. I was before as I thought things like whether a Dual Motor badge would be on the vehicle would be dependent on the VIN series.

I have VIN 132xxx (ordered 10/30, delivery tomorrow) and another person here told me they have the Dual Motor badge. My DA told me that since the badges haven't come in to my local SC in Cherry Hill, my Model 3 won't have it. Bummer, but not the end of the world. I get the impression that as of now, whether or not you get a badge is dependent on if your SC has received them to add post delivery. I don't think they're coming from the factory with badges yet based on those communications.

Is there something else tied to the VIN that I should be thinking of?

Out of curiousity, why do people ask/post about VIN numbers. I was before as I thought things like whether a Dual Motor badge would be on the vehicle would be dependent on the VIN series.

I have VIN 132xxx (ordered 10/30, delivery tomorrow) and another person here told me they have the Dual Motor badge. My DA told me that since the badges haven't come in to my local SC in Cherry Hill, my Model 3 won't have it. Bummer, but not the end of the world. I get the impression that as of now, whether or not you get a badge is dependent on if your SC has received them to add post delivery. I don't think they're coming from the factory with badges yet based on those communications.

Is there something else tied to the VIN that I should be thinking of?
I provided the VIN as a potential reference point. My delivery was scheduled for 11/13, but I asked to have it moved to 11/16 so I could take the day off. Maybe the badge was added after it arrived at the site. I picked mine up at the Westmont, IL service center. The hand over was uneventful. I wasn’t rushed. They went over everything with me. I just wish I would have order all weather mats sooner. Still trying to figure out the cold weather, battery and regenerative braking. The car is rock solid.

So promised delivery at home tomorrow by the folks at the vegas call center. Ask they verify that with the Denver store that has my car. Now hearing that my DA did not setup the home delivery correctly and they were thinking I was coming into the store. Now hearing might not get delivery till next week. Boy do they really mean it when they say nothing is in stone till you have the car. Hopes of delivery squashed.

Reactions: LyftupX
So promised delivery at home tomorrow by the folks at the vegas call center. Ask they verify that with the Denver store that has my car. Now hearing that my DA did not setup the home delivery correctly and they were thinking I was coming into the store. Now hearing might not get delivery till next week. Boy do they really mean it when they say nothing is in stone till you have the car. Hopes of delivery squashed.

Yep those of us who stated this were not joking.

Canceled my original loan, I need to do it all over again for a different VIN.
Nothing .....I mean nothing is set until you accept and drive off....

If this one is screwed up honestly I just want my $2500 back....that’s how I’m leaning.

Well I have not rejected one yet, this one was created on 11th of November (VIN creation date) and I am hoping is from a good batch. I did loose my patience with the DA at Denver/Littleton and it was not called for. To the credit of the Tesla people at the call center in vegas and the folks at the delivery centers, they have been positive, supported and fun about the process even when it was not going well or I was stressed out. I am excited to get my car in the next whenever days.

Just got my VIN verbally from Store. VIN Is 120,xxx. Not in tesla.com account yet.

White
AWD
LR

ordered 10/25
Delivery scheduled for 11/30.
NJ

Does the VIN seem to be inline with others?

Peace everyone! Excited to join the family soon.

Just got an email that my car is in and I can pick it up anytime. Woohoo! Pumped. Wanna get tomorrow before thanksgiving.

Reactions: GateFather
I just order my car 11 days ago. Not sure if it matters that its a Performance or not, but I just received the VIN 084xxx. It is way lower than everyone else here. Did they perhaps source an unsold car from somewhere and are sending it to me out here in Hawaii?

Took delivery 11/20/18 at the Cleveland/Lyndhurst center. The folks at the SC were very helpful and were ready for us at the stated appointment time. I had asked the day prior if they could give a full charge since it was a long drive back. Battery was at 100% when we got there. They gave us plenty of time to look over the car and gave a very nice orientation. No rush what so ever. After 25 minutes passed and using a checklist, the car looked great. We didn't find any problems. We then did the paperwork and 15 minutes later we were out the door.

A buddy drove us down there in his Model 3 and it was low on charge when we arrived. They allowed him to hook up to their charger in the back area and got him to nearly 100% while we were there. We both left the SC with big smiles.

10/30/18: ordered AWD, Black Interior, MSM, 19" wheels
11/02/18: email stating pick up date scheduled for 11/25/18
11/06/18: I asked for VIN by email, responded few hours later. VIN is 132xxx
11/16/18: Phone call from LasVegas stating car is "safely" in Cleveland. Reschedule pickup date for 11/20/18.
They did offer Home delivery or a one-way Enterprise car to SC if needed.
note: almost did not answer due to unknown number. Since it was from Nevada I thought it might be Tesla and picked up.
11/19/18. Phone call from Arizona number. Caller was at the Cleveland SC just confirming the pickup time and offering to change it if I needed to. No need for changes.

11/20/18: Delivery and all is well.

The car had an Nov/18 build date on the door sticker. It also had the Dual Motor badge on the trunk.

This forum has been a lot of help with some good insight. I thank you all for your posts. Just figured it was time to add one.

Took delivery 11/20/18 at the Cleveland/Lyndhurst center. The folks at the SC were very helpful and were ready for us at the stated appointment time. I had asked the day prior if they could give a full charge since it was a long drive back. Battery was at 100% when we got there. They gave us plenty of time to look over the car and gave a very nice orientation. No rush what so ever. After 25 minutes passed and using a checklist, the car looked great. We didn't find any problems. We then did the paperwork and 15 minutes later we were out the door.

A buddy drove us down there in his Model 3 and it was low on charge when we arrived. They allowed him to hook up to their charger in the back area and got him to nearly 100% while we were there. We both left the SC with big smiles.

10/30/18: ordered AWD, Black Interior, MSM, 19" wheels
11/02/18: email stating pick up date scheduled for 11/25/18
11/06/18: I asked for VIN by email, responded few hours later. VIN is 132xxx
11/16/18: Phone call from LasVegas stating car is "safely" in Cleveland. Reschedule pickup date for 11/20/18.
They did offer Home delivery or a one-way Enterprise car to SC if needed.
note: almost did not answer due to unknown number. Since it was from Nevada I thought it might be Tesla and picked up.
11/19/18. Phone call from Arizona number. Caller was at the Cleveland SC just confirming the pickup time and offering to change it if I needed to. No need for changes.

11/20/18: Delivery and all is well.

The car had an Nov/18 build date on the door sticker. It also had the Dual Motor badge on the trunk.

This forum has been a lot of help with some good insight. I thank you all for your posts. Just figured it was time to add one.

Congrats on your smooth order and delivery. Not too bad from order to delivery in 22 days.

Had my store rep email me my VIN today. 127xxx. T-minus 8 days until delivery and not a peep from my delivery agent. Tesla.com account still says trade-in pending after two weeks. Store rep said she sent him a message to reach out to me. Whole thing makes me a little nervous. Need to step up their game...