Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD is the best-everything else is obsolete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anything with more than about 75 HP per wheel needs all wheels driven? What the are you on? Do you understand that those numbers are YOUR fiction and that there are a lot of metrics to consider, such as the weight of the vehicle, the drag coefficiency of it and such?
No that number is a guesstimate based on the average performance summer street tire you can put on given car without doing acrobatics like fabricating new fenders or getting exotically wide tires that cost a fortune (even compared to performance summer street tires)

You don't look to understand anything about your so called "purpose built race cars" either. Any car, let it be a pro-stock dragger or an everyday hauler, may and WOULD go out of control if there is more power than what the chassis can handle. That's why drag cars move to the side of the other lane of the drag strip when that happens.
If your chassis can't handle the power you have a different problem that AWD will not do much for.

No that number is a guesstimate based on the average performance summer street tire you can put on given car without doing acrobatics like fabricating new fenders or getting exotically wide tires that cost a fortune (even compared to performance summer street tires)

I'd like to repeat that that number is a number you made up. You have to consider in what tire you're talking about even, and I really don't think that you understand about tires either... a ContiSportContact, for instance, which can be classified as your "average performance summer street tire" may not grip the road as well as a P-Zero simply because its slicks are not as sharp. Then again, the tire is only one part of the entire car. It indeed is a very important part but it is NOT ALL when it comes to traction...

If your chassis can't handle the power you have a different problem that AWD will not do much for.

The B8 chassis of my A4 Quattro can easily handle the 211 HP it outputs, so no thank you. I've nailed it many times and it never slipped on me.

Then again, the tire is only one part of the entire car. It indeed is a very important part but it is NOT ALL when it comes to traction...
We don't need to continue this discussion further, nothing will come from it. I recommend some basic physics courses.

The B8 chassis of my A4 Quattro can easily handle the 211 HP it outputs, so no thank you. I've nailed it many times and it never slipped on me.

I don't even....... do you even division bro?

Hitting the 1g is less important, to me, than holding it and gradually giving it up as you accelerate. As turns tighten, see if you find a dead pedal in the P90D, coming out. On the accelerometer, my guess is that if you see 1g, it will be before the apex. Afterward, see if you feel a jolt of acceleration when the steering wheel finally gets back within ~10 degrees of dead-center. Try keeping your foot down/steady, as this point in the steering wheel arrives. Didja feel it come back on?

If the road is cambered/banked, your "1g" reading will be polluted by down force. It should be flat.

I haven't had any problems accelerating in a curve. A lot of times I actually have to let off the accelerator because it doesn't stop pulling. The only time I've felt acceleration lag is if I was accelerating going up a mountain and in a curve, but it still pulls hard, just not as hard as other times.

This onramp is uphill, has a little bank to it, is fairly tight, and the car just pulls and pulls... it doesn't stop pulling and that's where it gets dangerous.

onramp.jpg

Careful, lift-off oversteer will get you on a turn like that, especially if you chicken out mid turn. Stability control can't do much about it.

Yeah I'm aware, thats part of what makes it so dangerous. One because you can over accelerate in turns, and if you really are going too fast, letting off in addition to regen, it just makes the situation worse.