Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD (non-P) delivery set for 8/1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first time post. Just got the e-mail this morning setting up delivery in Fremont for 8/1. In case it helps anyone, here's all the relevant data for my reservation:
- Non-Owner
- Line-Waiter (Palo Alto, CA) 10:45am reservaction
- Configured 6/26 @ 9:48pm Pacific
- Paying cash
- No Trade-In
model3.png

FWIW I don't see a VIN anywhere in my online portal. It just has the delivery appointment where it used to have the Sep - Nov delivery estimate.

This makes me excited. I keep hearing about P-AWD deliveries being scheduled, but none for just AWD orders... I'm checking my account for changes multiple times a day... I think I'm going to end up like Gollum, searching for the ring!

My situation/order:
Non-owner
Online deposit 4/1 @ 5AM EST
Config 6/27, evening - changed order 7/10 (color)
AWD
Red Mutlicoat
Premium pkg/black interior
Sport wheels
ESD
No trade-in
Financing via credit union.

Can't wait to get a VIN!

Long time lurker, first time post. Just got the e-mail this morning setting up delivery in Fremont for 8/1. In case it helps anyone, here's all the relevant data for my reservation:
- Non-Owner
- Line-Waiter (Palo Alto, CA) 10:45am reservaction
- Configured 6/26 @ 9:48pm Pacific
- Paying cash
- No Trade-In
View attachment 320143

FWIW I don't see a VIN anywhere in my online portal. It just has the delivery appointment where it used to have the Sep - Nov delivery estimate.

I'm a non owner line waiter who also configured on June 26 but I went for the performance version instead and I live in Canada. My delivery estimate is still Aug 18 to Oct 18

I believe C141medic meant which drive unit, front or back. At least that's what I'm curious about. Whether or not they are still dialing in production quality on the new front motor. They didn't get that detailed explaining it to you though, did they?

Ah sorry no they didn’t into those details and frankly I was too depressed to even think about anything anything else beyond getting an ETA.

Wanted to close the loop on this thread - I just took delivery today. The rematch took 6 days, and then another couple days to wait for the next appointment. Delivered VIN is 5468X

All in all it was relatively smooth given some of the horror stories here.

My delivery story:
- Showed up on time for my 2:45 appointment, was immediately told they’re running 1 hr behind. Ended up being 1.5 hrs.
- Was asked to sign paperwork immediately. They assured me I could still reject delivery even after signing so I went ahead.
- I counted a total of 5 paint issues, 3 on the rear bumper alone (see pics below).
- The rear seats had very deep impressions from the seat belt buckle, indicating the car had been stored with the seats folded down (pic below).
- Panel gaps seemed ok. Although the proximity sensors weren’t very flush with the bumpers. Every car in the lot had this issue though so I didn’t make a big deal out of it.
- As others have noted, the rear bumper color is slightly different than the metal panels. This was also consistent with every car in the lot so I didn’t bother asking.
- No die-cast car or Dual Motor badge. DS had no idea about how I could get either item. Will need to follow up with Tesla directly.
- Windows, side mirrors, and 1 wheel was not cleaned well so I had them go over it again.
- All cars came only half charged. I was ok with that, but others in the lot seemed pretty bothered by it.

Here’s the worst of the pain blemishes, all on the rear bumper:
05E99D51-07D6-4430-BDAF-11F53A9C16A8.jpeg
56B249C9-AABC-48B9-9669-9F76D3E7D139.jpeg
9E16F9E0-FE75-445F-A5A7-3C1466CFC498.jpeg

And the imprinted rear seats:
D42D3624-B8B5-4676-98C7-5B4F382359B7.jpeg

The DS took photos of everything I pointed out and said it’ll take a week or so for these issues to get documented in the system and advised me to make a service appointment after that point.

Hope this is informative. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the helpful info that guided me through ordering and delivery!

Wanted to close the loop on this thread - I just took delivery today. The rematch took 6 days, and then another couple days to wait for the next appointment. Delivered VIN is 5468X

All in all it was relatively smooth given some of the horror stories here.

My delivery story:
- Showed up on time for my 2:45 appointment, was immediately told they’re running 1 hr behind. Ended up being 1.5 hrs.
- Was asked to sign paperwork immediately. They assured me I could still reject delivery even after signing so I went ahead.
- I counted a total of 5 paint issues, 3 on the rear bumper alone (see pics below).
- The rear seats had very deep impressions from the seat belt buckle, indicating the car had been stored with the seats folded down (pic below).
- Panel gaps seemed ok. Although the proximity sensors weren’t very flush with the bumpers. Every car in the lot had this issue though so I didn’t make a big deal out of it.
- As others have noted, the rear bumper color is slightly different than the metal panels. This was also consistent with every car in the lot so I didn’t bother asking.
- No die-cast car or Dual Motor badge. DS had no idea about how I could get either item. Will need to follow up with Tesla directly.
- Windows, side mirrors, and 1 wheel was not cleaned well so I had them go over it again.
- All cars came only half charged. I was ok with that, but others in the lot seemed pretty bothered by it.

View attachment 325052 View attachment 325053 View attachment 325054

And the imprinted rear seats:
View attachment 325055

The DS took photos of everything I pointed out and said it’ll take a week or so for these issues to get documented in the system and advised me to make a service appointment after that point.

Hope this is informative. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the helpful info that guided me through ordering and delivery!
So, if I’m following correctly, the first AWD vehicle had an issue with the DU. And then they matched you with a different vehicle and that one has paint/seat issues? Wtf? Why weren’t these issues taken care of prior to delivery? It’s horrible customer service, in my opinion. Not sure how you can reject delivery after you’ve signed all the paperwork and vehicle is in your possession? Good luck and hope they fix everything to your satisfaction.

View attachment 325052 View attachment 325053 View attachment 325054

Whoa ... those paint blemishes are awful. How did it pass QC??? o_O

I would've rejected delivery.

This is dreadful. I myself got a call last week saying my car could not be delivered because Tesla recalled certain VIN's or something. But man, I love Tesla, but seriously? When i bought my car 11 years ago, I never bothered to look for any problems, i assumed brand new meant it was all good. sigh.. thats why i am planning to bring my family to have more eyes. good luck

Reactions: RBowen and SoCalGuy