Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD (non-P) delivery set for 8/1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why weren’t these issues taken care of prior to delivery?

Not to make excuses for Tesla, but my wife didn’t even notice these problems before I pointed them out. Some of the paint issues require your eyes to be within 2ft to see. I ended up running my hand over the entire painted surface to find problems.

Not sure how you can reject delivery after you’ve signed all the paperwork and vehicle is in your possession?

There’s a checkout station you have to drive by before leaving the lot. The DS assured me that delivery is not complete until they log the VIN at that booth.

Whoa ... those paint blemishes are awful. How did it pass QC??? o_O

I would've rejected delivery.

To each their own. My current lease is up at the end of the month. I figured that the chance of getting a “perfect” vehicle is low, so I didn’t want to risk waiting for another match.

Reactions: M109Rider
To each their own. My current lease is up at the end of the month. I figured that the chance of getting a “perfect” vehicle is low, so I didn’t want to risk waiting for another match.

Did they say they will be resolving the paint issues in your later service appointment? I'd be interested in seeing close up pictures of the fix versions of the blisters.

Sorry about the paint issues! In addition to performance impressions, I’m curious about noise/whine from the front drive unit. My S75D has very noticeable and irritating front drive unit whine that is especially bad around 50 mph. My service center proclaimed it to be 'normal.' Thanks.

Did they say they will be resolving the paint issues in your later service appointment? I'd be interested in seeing close up pictures of the fix versions of the blisters.

Yes, they said service centers have a body shop to repair paint. Although my particular DS seemed pretty new, so fingers crossed that he was right! I'll be sure to post pics of the same spots after fixing.

Well, how does it drive?! I’m very curious to hear about the acceleration vs Rwd if you have experience with the latter.

I've only ridden in a RWD a couple times, and the driver never punched it so I don't have a good comparison. But I can tell you that the AWD is plenty fast for me, to the point where I get uncomfortable flooring it for more than a few seconds. =)

Sorry about the paint issues! In addition to performance impressions, I’m curious about noise/whine from the front drive unit. My S75D has very noticeable and irritating front drive unit whine that is especially bad around 50 mph. My service center proclaimed it to be 'normal.' Thanks.

I haven't noticed any whine from the engine, but I usually have the radio on (although only at about 25% volume). The only noise I've heard so far is a slight whistle when accelerating around 25-30mph. Although, IIRC the motors on the 3 and the S are different, so not sure if this is an apples to apples comparison?