Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-P Owners: Would you upgrade to the Performance Model for $6K?

Would you upgrade from the Standard AWD to the Performance AWD for $6K?

• Yes

Votes: 78 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 43 35.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For $6k more and lifetime supercharging which was available when I ordered and took delivery of my car, I would have done it
Agreed! I was doing the math on what the supercharging would be worth to me. And because that was included with the P, I definitely gave it some thought. But at $11k no way. At $6k? Well, yes. Yes I would.

We have so many obsolete sayings now like "hit the gas" and "power under the hood" but oh well. I'm sure the sayings will persist long after cars aren't powered by gas anymore or there aren't ICE under car hoods.
One of my favs is that we still "tape" things when we're recording them.

I'm convinced acceleration is like a drug. I don't feel it as much anymore in my non-P AWD. Maybe it's time to increase the dosage?
Yup! Just today when I slapped the pedal down for fun, I was thinking... huh. Really? This all ya got? :) It is definitely addictive.

I have an '07 BMW 530i, and the AWD is more than fast enough for me, but I couldn't justify the extra 11k, although the lifetime supercharging did temp me. I would have definitely done it for 6k though, as supercharging alone would be worth it. I only charged my M3 once via the 110v charger and have had it at the service center & Body shop for the last two weeks (chip on bumper and corrosion ynder hood spacers on delivery). Currently driving the S 75D loaner and really diggin' the ease of supercharging, especially when making the trip from L.A. to Vegas.