Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD non-P Test Drives in Southlake, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AWD Test Drive today! | Tesla

Sooooo, huge long shot, but is anyone here remotely close by? I am dying for information about this thing!!
Wonder how he knew it has AWD? Pics of rear badge would confirm. Reason I ask is that I was told my location had AWD and scheduled a test drive. Got there and the 2 M3 they had were both RWD. Still great test drive, just I doubt the sales staff has much of a clue at this point.

AWD Test Drive today! | Tesla

Sooooo, huge long shot, but is anyone here remotely close by? I am dying for information about this thing!!
Wonder how he knew it has AWD? Pics of rear badge would confirm. Reason I ask is that I was told my location had AWD and scheduled a test drive. Got there and the 2 M3 they had were both RWD. Still great test drive, just I doubt the sales staff has much of a clue at this point.

Still great test drive, just I doubt the sales staff has much of a clue at this point.
The guy I drew for the test drive in Houston was on top of things. Knew details (when he told my wife cell data was $100/year I mentioned we'd ordered before July 1 and he immediately knew what that meant and finished it off), as far as I know didn't say anything dumb :) , didn't appear to overcommit on stuff he wasn't sure about.

Definitely a crapshoot, though.

Houston, you say? ;)

Attachments

• E30BA0AB-C535-48C6-93AD-BDE5C5DFE066.jpeg
    E30BA0AB-C535-48C6-93AD-BDE5C5DFE066.jpeg
    1,000.3 KB · Views: 68
I was just at the Southlake store tonight. In addition to the red Model 3 in the showroom (which replaced the MSM they've had in there for months), they had a white and a blue one out back (for test drives). The Tesla rep did not know for sure if they were RWD or AWD. I poked my cell phone underneath both...no front axles...both RWD cars. I have a feeling the reviewer is wrong.

Darn. I'm really itching for some seat time in an AWD to see how it compares to my RWD. I have buyer's remorse that I didn't wait a few months and order the AWD instead. The additional $4k would have been worth it. Then again, perhaps it's best that I can't test drive an AWD right now...