TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AWD non-P Test Drives in Southlake, TX

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by spesler, Jul 23, 2018.

1. spesler

spesler Member

2. Swampgator

Swampgator Member

Wonder how he knew it has AWD? Pics of rear badge would confirm. Reason I ask is that I was told my location had AWD and scheduled a test drive. Got there and the 2 M3 they had were both RWD. Still great test drive, just I doubt the sales staff has much of a clue at this point.

3. spesler

spesler Member

Lol. Good point. FWIW, I just asked in the thread.

4. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

Even if you didn't want to get on the ground to peek (I would have) if the wheels are turned hard left or right it should be pretty easy to check for an axle.

5. Swampgator

Swampgator Member

Wonder how he knew it has AWD? Pics of rear badge would confirm. Reason I ask is that I was told my location had AWD and scheduled a test drive. Got there and the 2 M3 they had were both RWD. Still great test drive, just I doubt the sales staff has much of a clue at this point.

6. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

The guy I drew for the test drive in Houston was on top of things. Knew details (when he told my wife cell data was $100/year I mentioned we'd ordered before July 1 and he immediately knew what that meant and finished it off), as far as I know didn't say anything dumb :) , didn't appear to overcommit on stuff he wasn't sure about.

Definitely a crapshoot, though.

7. spesler

spesler Member

Houston, you say? ;)

Attached Files:

8. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

I bet we've got a dozen DFW people on these boards. I'm not making a 7 hr round trip in the Camry for that. :p

9. cab

cab Member

I was just at the Southlake store tonight. In addition to the red Model 3 in the showroom (which replaced the MSM they've had in there for months), they had a white and a blue one out back (for test drives). The Tesla rep did not know for sure if they were RWD or AWD. I poked my cell phone underneath both...no front axles...both RWD cars. I have a feeling the reviewer is wrong.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Darn. I'm really itching for some seat time in an AWD to see how it compares to my RWD. I have buyer's remorse that I didn't wait a few months and order the AWD instead. The additional $4k would have been worth it. Then again, perhaps it's best that I can't test drive an AWD right now...