Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-performance 0-60 tests?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see some passing performance tests as well (e.g. 30-60)

I was quite surprised how much slower a "faster" Model S felt hitting it at 50 MPH compared to an AWD M3. I think the AWD MYs will really shine when already rolling. It seems that the 0-30 is software limited to be very fast instead of crazy fast unless we pony up the extra $8k for the performance model

I wish I could chime in with a number but having owned several sports cars (modded and stock), the Long Range Y on my test drive was PLENTY quick! My full-bolt on 335i may have been barely quicker but traction was always an issue. AWD would have whooped it off the line and ofcourse with an EV, no downshifting when passing 30-60.

I haven't timed it... the numbers go so fast, it will be tough. Judging by the smiles of everyone who's floored mine, it's pretty fast!

Torque (on Android) can measure 0-60. Not sure how accurate it is though... it uses GPS for speed (I don't think there is an ODB2 port). I just did 3 tests... 7.0, 5.0, 2.0. By my count it was about 5, so I think they're pretty close to the advertised 4.8.

Last edited:
I wish I could chime in with a number but having owned several sports cars (modded and stock), the Long Range Y on my test drive was PLENTY quick! My full-bolt on 335i may have been barely quicker but traction was always an issue. AWD would have whooped it off the line and ofcourse with an EV, no downshifting when passing 30-60.

Yep, in the real world having instantaneous power and 4wd traction will make it faster than almost any ICE car in real world driving situation unless on the autobahn. I had a Hellcat and it was so frustrating to not be able to put the power down until over 60 mph. I'm scheduled to get me MY LR this month, can't wait.

Yep, in the real world having instantaneous power and 4wd traction will make it faster than almost any ICE car in real world driving situation unless on the autobahn. I had a Hellcat and it was so frustrating to not be able to put the power down until over 60 mph. I'm scheduled to get me MY LR this month, can't wait.

Surprised you didn't get the performance!