Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar situation here. Ordered October and got the "delivery in 2-4 weeks" text at the beginning of June, but nothing since then. I would have rather not gotten that text atsat all it only got my hopes up and is turning out to be a lie.

We should start a support group. All these delivery posts are depressing me. I may need to quit this forum cold turkey.

I feel the same way. But honestly thinking about this car and getting to enjoy it takes my mind of the rest of things going on in the world. Reading through and seeing everything keeps me occupied.

Reactions: KRG21 and S0XY
Hang in there guys! Trust me, it's worth it!

I fully expect they'll deliver everyone's Model Y's before the end of the quarter (unless you ordered in the last month or two).

Unfortunately I do not think so... Since Tesla cant direct sell in Texas, the car gets sent to a neighboring state (Alabama for me) until the car gets funded. I havent even been assigned a VIN yet, not received any of the text updates about production and delivery estimates so I am fully accepting that its highly unlikely a car is made, transported to Alabama, then transported to Texas in 6 days. Just doesnt seem logistically feasible in my mind but I could be wrong!

Reactions: wasloan
Unfortunately I do not think so... Since Tesla cant direct sell in Texas, the car gets sent to a neighboring state (Alabama for me) until the car gets funded. I havent even been assigned a VIN yet, not received any of the text updates about production and delivery estimates so I am fully accepting that its highly unlikely a car is made, transported to Alabama, then transported to Texas in 6 days. Just doesnt seem logistically feasible in my mind but I could be wrong!
Same here in Louisiana. Honestly I'm kind of OK with it. I don't want an EOQ car that was thrown together in the typical rush. Seems a good chance we could get a July build.

Thank you for your post. Were you able to inspect the car, inside and out, before payment? It's still not clear to me what to expect regarding payment, declined delivery and released VIN..

Hi, Yes, we did sign papers first though (which they disposed off after we didn't take delivery), but did not make any payment and were able to inspect the car inside and out...no test drive though :(

So I received a text that said to prepare for June delivery, yet there is no VIN assigned. There’s only five days left in June. Is it likely the text was just a reminder to have finances and insurance in order and delivery may be in July or later?

It wouldn't surprise me if anyone in Cali who got the text will receive theirs by the 30th. I see that cars are being produced and shipped/delivered to neighboring states in two days.

Reactions: Levelheadsteve
So, I ordered my Model Y (AWD, LR, FSD, Red Exterior, White/Black Interior) in January... Financing, Insurance, Drivers License, etc. has all been completed. I have had to reschedule my Wrap appointment twice... For those in Ohio yesterday the law was changed to only require a Rear License Plate effective on July 1st...

So, I ordered my Model Y (AWD, LR, FSD, Red Exterior, White/Black Interior) in January... Financing, Insurance, Drivers License, etc. has all been completed. I have had to reschedule my Wrap appointment twice... For those in Ohio yesterday the law was changed to only require a Rear License Plate effective on July 1st...

Im assuming you have a VIN/tentative pickup date since you made appointments to get it wrapped?

So I received a text that said to prepare for June delivery, yet there is no VIN assigned. There’s only five days left in June. Is it likely the text was just a reminder to have finances and insurance in order and delivery may be in July or later?
You're in California so I think it's likely you'll get it. Now, they may ask you to pick it up at 11:59pm on June 30th in Fremont haha.

• Funny
Reactions: Levelheadsteve
Hang in there guys! Trust me, it's worth it!

I fully expect they'll deliver everyone's Model Y's before the end of the quarter (unless you ordered in the last month or two).
I wish! But unfortunately this is not true. I ordered my AWD, White/White/19" on May,11th 2019, yes, that's over a year ago, and I still don't have a VIN. (I'm in PA) I've been speaking to my delivery advisor at least once a week and he put me on the reassignment list.

I wish! But unfortunately this is not true. I ordered my AWD, White/White/19" on May,11th 2019, yes, that's over a year ago, and I still don't have a VIN. (I'm in PA) I've been speaking to my delivery advisor at least once a week and he put me on the reassignment list.

Yeah, its really frustrating seeing these people order theirs and get it in less than a week. It wouldn't be so hard if I didn't need a vehicle but I do actually need a vehicle and this waiting game is literally ruining how my life operates. Apparently Tesla put the White Interior orders on hold for those that dont live on the West Coast until next quarter.

Reactions: S0XY
Yeah, its really frustrating seeing these people order theirs and get it in less than a week. It wouldn't be so hard if I didn't need a vehicle but I do actually need a vehicle and this waiting game is literally ruining how my life operates. Apparently Tesla put the White Interior orders on hold for those that dont live on the West Coast until next quarter.
Same.

And probably still at least a few more weeks before we get ours since it takes a while to ship them out here. So much for any benefit from putting down a $2500 deposit.