Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how hard was it to install the center console wrap?

Does it say anything about taking it off?

I am thinking about putting one in my M3 and the MY I have ordered for my wife.
I haven’t done the wrap, but have ordered an alternative called a “shell” from AbstractOcean. They sell wraps as well. The thing I like about the shell is 1) it’s much easier to install than the wrap, and 2) it offers a slightly extra thickness to the console, which results in the console being more flat all the way across. Take a peek at the install videos on Abstract Ocean, as they do a great job describing both the process and advantage of each.

There’s lots of discount codes to use there too. I used one from a YouTuber to get 10 or 15% off.

Reactions: OZKM3
FINALLY GOT A VIN! 32xxx. So I placed a second order 07/15/2020 for the same configuration as my original one, but without the tow hitch. Logged into my account yesterday and got VINs assigned for both! Lol. Called and the car is waiting on a truck in Fremont to Texas. Should arrive at the service center on August 1st.

Reactions: Hawkstrike
FINALLY GOT A VIN! 32xxx. So I placed a second order 07/15/2020 for the same configuration as my original one, but without the tow hitch. Logged into my account yesterday and got VINs assigned for both! Lol. Called and the car is waiting on a truck in Fremont to Texas. Should arrive at the service center on August 1st.

When did you place the first order? Which configuration is being delivered (with or w/o tow)? Did they give you any trouble cancelling?

I am considering doing the same thing.....

So you ordered another car and had ZERO wait time for VIN?! Excited for you and thanks for sharing but way annoying to all us waiting 8 weeks or more for a VIN assignment still. I cannot figure out what the hell they are thinking when it comes to filling orders!

When did you place the first order? Which configuration is being delivered (with or w/o tow)? Did they give you any trouble cancelling?
I am considering doing the same thing.....

I placed the first order 02/10/2020. Both configurations received a VIN the same day (07/18/2020). I am taking the one with the tow hitch and cancelling the one without it. Just lost $100 for the order fee but I knew that placing the order I wouldn't get it back.

So you ordered another car and had ZERO wait time for VIN?! Excited for you and thanks for sharing but way annoying to all us waiting 8 weeks or more for a VIN assignment still. I cannot figure out what the hell they are thinking when it comes to filling orders!

I have been waiting 23 weeks myself and probably have another 2-3 weeks for delivery so I understand your pain.

Reactions: slamper
it all depends on configuration you ordered and availability.
I agree, but When I find out I can get my exact configuration in Fremont if I want to drive 9 hours but they wont put it on the next truck load( which they do about daily apparently) to Portland. BTW $7000 in California Sales tax ( that is why I will not make the journey to Fremont). You are correct though. Hopefully soon. Congrats once again.

I placed the first order 02/10/2020. Both configurations received a VIN the same day (07/18/2020). I am taking the one with the tow hitch and cancelling the one without it. Just lost $100 for the order fee but I knew that placing the order I wouldn't get it back.

I have been waiting 23 weeks myself and probably have another 2-3 weeks for delivery so I understand your pain.
Wow! and your build is even more basic then mine! So tell me, did you do any changes along the way? At what point did you secure financing or funds to pay them? I am wondering if there are other things that contribute to our delay that they don't tell us? One week after I ordered I took of FSD, then two days later added it back on. I wonder if that pushed me back a bit?

I agree, but When I find out I can get my exact configuration in Fremont if I want to drive 9 hours but they wont put it on the next truck load( which they do about daily apparently) to Portland. BTW $7000 in California Sales tax ( that is why I will not make the journey to Fremont). You are correct though. Hopefully soon. Congrats once again.
I thought sales tax is collected in place where the car will be registered, not where it's purchased? Is this not the case with Tesla?

I've also got a 32XXX VIN just assigned, coming to New Orleans by way of Atlanta. Interesting to hear it takes 2 whole weeks to get from factory to TX, cause it makes me wonder if it will take even longer than that to get to ATL (and ultimately to me.) Was hoping to have it for a road trip on Aug 14 and this is going to be cutting it close...starting to daydream about flying in and picking up in person instead of waiting for carrier direct. Eek

Wow! and your build is even more basic then mine! So tell me, did you do any changes along the way? At what point did you secure financing or funds to pay them? I am wondering if there are other things that contribute to our delay that they don't tell us? One week after I ordered I took of FSD, then two days later added it back on. I wonder if that pushed me back a bit?

I did change my wheels to the 19" Geminis when the price dropped happened to bring my total down by $5k. Seems to be the White Interior + Tow hitch that is just now being produced. I haven't secured financing yet. I was waiting to apply until I received a VIN. I put my profile as "Cash".

I've also got a 32XXX VIN just assigned, coming to New Orleans by way of Atlanta. Interesting to hear it takes 2 whole weeks to get from factory to TX, cause it makes me wonder if it will take even longer than that to get to ATL (and ultimately to me.) Was hoping to have it for a road trip on Aug 14 and this is going to be cutting it close...starting to daydream about flying in and picking up in person instead of waiting for carrier direct. Eek

Tesla cannot direct sell to customers in Texas. So it has to be delivered to a neighboring state first (Apparently Alabama) until the car is fully funded. It is then put on a carrier to Texas after funding and paperwork is complete.