Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck. What was the problem with the first one?

I've posted the details here (probably in this thread?), so you can look at my post history for most of the information. But, the deal breakers were a very small dent in the front fender, and a really bad paint issue on the rear hatch. Both would have needed body shop repairs, and there's no way I'm accepting a "new" car that has already had an "accident."

Reactions: Mooroo
I am waiting again for the 3rd time. Ordered 5/1/20. First delivery scheduled July 8, and I had to release the VIN because we were out of town that week. Eligible again on 7/25.

New VIN assigned 8/10, Delivery scheduled 8/15. Got a call 8/13 that it had been damaged coming off the truck. They said repairs wouldn't be soon and I could wait or spin the wheel again. Elected to spin the wheel again.

One of these days I will actually get to see a car. Sigh.

Awesome!!
Keep us posted as to how you make out.
What you would get extra now would be the marked door open switch, hopefully. A lot of people have issues opening the door from inside as it’s not very intuitive.

I'm familiar with the doors since I have a model 3. Most people I know are trained by now. "Hold it like a gun and use your thumb." It almost rhymes.

Of course, the door switch is the least of my concerns. ;-)

Reactions: Blizzard
Finally got a good one yesterday. Not much to say, really. Gaps look good, everything seems to work. Minor difference in rear seat height.

Don't be me and create your first "ding" by opening the hatch in your garage with the garage door open over it. Remember to set the height of the hatch first. *sigh*

Reactions: Mooroo
Finally got a good one yesterday. Not much to say, really. Gaps look good, everything seems to work. Minor difference in rear seat height.

Don't be me and create your first "ding" by opening the hatch in your garage with the garage door open over it. Remember to set the height of the hatch first. *sigh*

sorry to hear about the ding. We did the same thing, but wifey caught it before it hit the garage door (phew).
Would love to see some pics!!

sorry to hear about the ding. We did the same thing, but wifey caught it before it hit the garage door (phew).
Would love to see some pics!!
20200826_184612_HDR.jpg
20200829_080945_HDR.jpg
20200829_080954_HDR.jpg
20200829_081005_HDR.jpg
20200829_081013_HDR.jpg
20200829_081025_HDR.jpg
20200829_081044_HDR.jpg
20200829_102610.jpg

Was scheduled for delivery 9/5 but got a text last night that the truck delivered my car today and delivery moved up to 8/30 Blue/White interior LR nashville TN delivery. Vin 36XXX. Hoping everything goes smoothly!
Nice! I hope to have a surprise like that! VIN 36XXX. Currently showing 9/12 delivery, which seems really late to me, considering the car left Fremont 8/22... Also, confirmed my build date as 8/18. Sounds like I'll get the new taillights, but it really doesn't matter to me as long as the build quality is good. I kinda liked the all-red taillight design TBH.

Was scheduled for delivery 9/5 but got a text last night that the truck delivered my car today and delivery moved up to 8/30 Blue/White interior LR nashville TN delivery. Vin 36XXX. Hoping everything goes smoothly!

Sweet - I have a LRAWD Blue/White/Gemini/Tow hitch order scheduled to arrive and take delivery 9/6 in DC (Northern Virginia Tyco Rd). Wonder if we have the same batch... vin 393XX. Haven’t seen the build date yet.

I’ve been patiently waiting - this was a 2/1/20 order. I let Tesla install the wall charger two days ago - they scheduled that within a week of approving the estimate, even though Wall Chargers are out of stock online. Former SolarCity electrician did that for me.

Sweet - I have a LRAWD Blue/White/Gemini/Tow hitch order scheduled to arrive and take delivery 9/6 in DC (Northern Virginia Tyco Rd). Wonder if we have the same batch... vin 393XX. Haven’t seen the build date yet.

I’ve been patiently waiting - this was a 2/1/20 order. I let Tesla install the wall charger two days ago - they scheduled that within a week of approving the estimate, even though Wall Chargers are out of stock online. Former SolarCity electrician did that for me.

Sweet- Looks like our Y's might be on the same truck coming in. Mines scheduled for 9/7 in Rockville. I was gonna do Tyco Road where I did the test drive but I said I'll just do the closest one to me which was Rockville.

Reactions: Euphony010
Blue w/ White Interior and 20” inductions. Accepted delivery on Friday as the fit and finish was great. Car was beautiful....on the drive home noticed the A/C wasn’t working and after many reboots, etc its back at the dealer for service. There is also a message that says climate sensor has been disabled due to system fault. I’m sure it’s all related. They won’t be able to work on it until Monday morning....

This really sucks. I’m crossing fingers that it will be fixed soon. I have until Friday to return the car....while I haven’t even had the car in possession for more than 24hrs so far.

Again..fit & finish is great and so far the only thing is the A/C. I asked them to check the heat as well since I wasn’t able to since it’s 80deg plus here.

The service tech asked like i shouldn’t worry about it....decisions decisions decisions

Took delivery today north of Chicago (ordered 7/12):
LR AWD, Pearl White w/ white interior and 20" black wheels. Also added the tow hitch. VIN: 392xx
Happy to report the panel gaps were essentially a non-issue. All were very acceptable, charge port and tail lights included.
I did have some interior dirt/grease on the rear center arm rest which the Tesla associate was happy to clean (with 409 spray). I have also located two minor paint scuffs, one on the front edge of the hood and one (paint chip) inside the driver door by the manufacture tag. It seems these may be easier to fix using the paint kit rather than going through a service appointment.

All in all, pleased with today's result.

One more note, the tag indicates an Aug 20 build date and the vehicle DOES have the new taillights.

Stay safe!

Well after being told my car was in by 2 different people at the SC. Went to check the car out saturday afternoon and was told that they made a mistake and its still 2 days out from being delivered. Now sunday rolls around and my delivery day has now been rescheduled for my original delivery day of 9/5.. Not sure what to believe anymore.