Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Order moved up to Sept - Nov from Oct-Dec...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am a reservation holder from March 2018, and configured with everyone else right before the end of June. Today I went in to my order and removed FSD, deciding to see what comes in the August update. When I finished the update it still said Oct-Dec. Later tonight I just checked and it now says Sept-Nov. Has anyone ese been moved up? I ordered a Silver, AWD, EAP, Aero wheels, in Chicago. Just curious

Yup me too, I ordered and configured 2 days ago. White | LR | AWD | EAP | PUP | 19" sport

It now also shows 2-4 months on the Model 3 configuration on Tesla.com.

This is freaking awesome! If Tesla is first stating 3-5 months and then moving it up they must be really confident. Give me that tax credit.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyBug
When ordering a new one from the "Order Now" button on the Model 3 page, the configurator shows an estimate of 2-4 months for LR AWD and 1-3 months for Performance.

I reserved 6/1/2018 and configured 6/27/2018. Black, AWD, FSD, Denver, CO. Mine still says Sep. '18 - Nov. '18 (hasn't changed since I ordered).

Maybe those who are stuck w/ Sept-Nov, will actually get their car sooner or at the beginning of this date range.

Those who got pushed up from Oct-Dec to Sept-Nov are looking at delivery soon after us --- end of this delivery estimate range.

Doesn’t that seem kind of odd though? Haven’t they only delivered like 40,000 of them? Has the demand for that specific configuration already dried up?

But the total number they've registered is 71,827.
Source: Tesla registers another strong batch of Model 3 VINs as Musk sees end to production hell

Btw - I literally know nothing about this. It's just the only way it makes sense that RWD is delivered faster than AWD, given the fact they are prioritizing production of AWD for cash reasons.

Reactions: RandyBug
Wow, my LR RWD moved as well, was August to October prior to configuration, then changed to September to November when I configured. When I did the color change (had to get an ISA to force the change as I was verbally told on 7/2 that a VIN had been assigned) it shifted to October to December.

Now its back to the date range given prior to configuration. If true, great news.