Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD & Performance Price drop? Also... I can configure!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180626-172311.png
    Screenshot_20180626-172311.png
    321.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Informative
Reactions: sundaymorning
Oh no, I just placed my order for an AWD 3 without even looking at the PAWD because it was $83k when I ordered my first one. If it's only $5k more, I would have ordered both P's. Now I can't find the edit button to change it!

Update: I just called Tesla and they were able to upgrade it to the P-AWD 3. They said they are having an issue with the edit button not appearing.

Unfortunately, they were not able to edit my original order which was $83k. I would have preferred to pick the options I want (mainly I just didn't want 20" rims). So I'm going to end up paying $5k-ish more because I ordered on 5/20 instead of today.

Last edited:
We can configure Dual motor on our model 3 reservation too- 3 -5 month delivery for non-performace Dual Motor, 2-4 month for Performance - We are owners, placed our reservation 3/31 at ~6:30pm Arizona time- We aren't going to buy one at this time, we just put a deposit in on a lease return Model S. We're going to spend a bit more than the Model 3 would have cost, but we have more room in the car. We may still eventually buy the Model 3 but not this year, We could have used the 7500 tax credit, but we've gotten it before.

Tesla updates Model 3 options and pricing, dual motor becomes cheaper, adds color, and more
The delivery timing has also changed for the Standard battery to 6-9 months... and the Federal tax credit will drop to $3,750 :cool:

Tesla made several changes to the Model 3 design studio today to add new options, change prices and more. The automaker has also changed some of the timelines for deliveries and it opened orders for dual motor and performance vehicles in Canada. The biggest change is the pricing of the Model 3 with dual motor and the performance version of the car.
  • Dual Motor went from a $5,000 option, like it was for the Model S, to a $4,000 option.
  • The vehicle now starts at $53,000 with the Long Range battery pack, which is still the only battery option available.
  • Tesla updated the timeline for the standard battery to 6-9 months.
  • Model 3 Performance version also saw its based price fall to just $64,000 by making more features optional.
  • The Model 3 performance version used to start at $78,000, but Tesla has now made several features optional.
  • Buyers can add the “Performance Upgrades” package for $5,000. It includes an increase of the top speed from 145 to 155, a carbon fiber spoiler, 20” performance wheels, and aluminum alloy pedals, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires and red performance brake calipers.
  • Tesla confirmed to Electrek that it will retroactively apply the new pricing to customers who have already placed their orders.
  • As shown on the updated design studio above, Tesla also updated the color options.
  • The white interior is now also still available with the performance version and it becomes a $1,500 option over the standard black interior.
  • As for delivery timelines, Tesla is shifting priority to the performance version with a 2 to 4-month delivery window after confirming the order.
  • The Long Range battery pack with rear-wheel drive motor, which has so far been the only vehicle in production, is now getting a 3 to 5-month delivery window, like the dual motor version without performance package.
upload_2018-6-26_19-17-36-png.312702

Kudos for letting you opt out of a lot of "upgrades" many wouldn't want on the P... I picked a regular AWD though, since there's still 0 details about what you get for the now $11,000 going from AWD to P-AWD other than 1 second quicker 0-60.

Not that that's nothing, but having had cars across the range from 3.x to double-digits 0-60, 4.5 is "fast enough" in 99% of real world driving....

Now, if they update the details to tell me there's significant suspension improvements (magnetorheological shocks for example), better sway bars, and/or a real LSD or two.... a package like that for 11k I'm all over it... but so far we've not seen anything except, we think, bigger rotors... which do nothing for you outside a track.

(on the other hand, the few who DO track their cars ought be thrilled they can get the thing for 14k less than they thought last week)