Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD & Performance Price drop? Also... I can configure!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered P without the 20s.. I didnt think it was worth extra $5k (along with spoiler and shiny pedals)

I did the same thing. I wanted to powder coat my wheels anyway, so just ordering them from TSportline with tires, pedals off of ebay, etc. Ends up being cheaper AND I get a second set of wheels and tires. I only wanted 19" rims and that isn't an option from Tesla on the P.

Does anyone know if the $5K Performance package has physically larger brakes or if they’re just the same brakes painted red

No definitive answer I have seen, but someone tweeted to Elon thanking him for adding "Bigger / Better Sport Brakes added" and Elon just replied "You're Welcome". Seems to imply bigger brakes on the P

So is the 20" wheels going to be like the 21" wheels on the S where the tires die after 3-4,000 miles and require replacement like 3 times a year? And also will your rims to be so close to the pavement that hitting a pothole will destroy the rim like on the S with 21" wheels? I don't get why I can't choose the 18" wheels if I would prefer longer tire life over looking cool.

Also I guess this is a total newsflash to me because I haven't been paying attention, but it seems there is no sunroof available for the 3 at all. Hmm. I love the sunroof on my S. Sigh.

The premium interior comes with the pano roof and you can opt for the standard wheels.

Pano roof is not a sunroof that opens which they said they missed. Me too. Had hoped for SAS and sunroof.

So is the 20" wheels going to be like the 21" wheels on the S where the tires die after 3-4,000 miles and require replacement like 3 times a year? And also will your rims to be so close to the pavement that hitting a pothole will destroy the rim like on the S with 21" wheels? I don't get why I can't choose the 18" wheels if I would prefer longer tire life over looking cool.

Also I guess this is a total newsflash to me because I haven't been paying attention, but it seems there is no sunroof available for the 3 at all. Hmm. I love the sunroof on my S. Sigh.
At no time nowhere since the Model 3 unveiling was there ever mention of and openable sunroof, so I'm not sure where you EVER got that idea, especially with the amount of coverage this car has gotten, not to mention the fact that you've been a member of a Tesla forum for over a year!

At no time nowhere since the Model 3 unveiling was there ever mention of and openable sunroof, so I'm not sure where you EVER got that idea, especially with the amount of coverage this car has gotten, not to mention the fact that you've been a member of a Tesla forum for over a year!
There was talk that the 3 would be available with a metal roof, an all glass roof and a retractable sun roof.

Here's the video that I remember from the unveiling event which mentions the retractable roof:

-Will that front piece of panoramic glass be openable or retractable?
-Up here?
-Yeah.
-Yes. We'll have both available...available as fixed glass or as a metal roof or as a panoramic sunroof type roof.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MagnusMako
My apologies then! It will be interesting to see if that ever comes to fruition.
Probably not any time soon, considering we really haven't heard much about it since that first night. Perhaps the Tesla driver had incorrect information or it was dropped as a cost-cutting measure. I could see them offering it as an option in a year or so, once they have caught up with initial orders.

Ah, you want a retractable sunroof, like the Pano on the S. Tesla doesn’t have that for the 3. You’re right. Not a deal breaker for me at all. The motor on my S started kujunking the day after the 4 year warranty expired. $1,600 to fix for something I open maybe twice a year. I declined to fix it and just never open it.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911